Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My Little Artist

Kenedy and I took a trip to Roberts today to get some stuff for Super Saturday. I was looking at the cute little Time Out chairs contemplating if I had to have one, when I noticed that Kenedy had opened the dark brown paint I had just put in the cart. She thought it was shampoo because she was rubbing it in her hair as fast as she could. It was all over the cart, all over her hands, arms, clothes and head by the time I grabbed it from her. We had just come from the park and I had used all my wet wipes on the sand that had got thrown in Kenedy's face. So here I am in the middle of the store with a child covered in brown paint and nothing to wipe her off with. Luckily I ran into a girl from high school who gave me some wipes so that I could clean her up enough to put her in the car. I was feeling very flustered by the time I got everything pretty cleaned up, when I remembered learning at Enrichment "If you are going to laugh later about your child's actions or words, you should laugh now." So that is what I did the whole way home. We had to take a quick detour to Walmart to get some Biz to get the stains out of her clothes. The cashier at Roberts said that Biz would take the paint out. Her clothes are still soaking at the moment so I will have to get back to everyone about "to Biz or not to Biz"!
(I wish I had taken a picture of the paint mess before I cleaned it up, but that was the last thing I was thinking of at the time. The picture above only shows about 1/4 of the paint mess!)

9 comments:

Jill said...

Oh my gosh, I would have totally freaked out!! But it really is funny!! I try to stay calm and laugh at situations like that as well...but usually easier said then done. You did awesome, way to go little mommy!!! LOL.

Jill said...

PS Your web page is soooooooo cute. I LOVE it, and the colors are awesome!!

Kyle, Tiffany, and Kaiden said...

Your blog is so dang cute! How do you make it look like that. Ours is so boring. You'll have to tell me how to make it all cute. Anyway, Kenedy is so cute. We miss you guys. We're coming for Christmas so hopefully we can see you then. Take care!

Anonymous said...

That's too funny! That sounds like something that would happen to me. That sounds like a great idea to just laugh in the moment...I need to do that more. Are in charge of enrichment??

jonna said...

That is so silly! Good times to remember right? Hey check your email! What is your weekend like?

The Hunzikers said...

I didn't know Kenedy was going to be the next Monet! I was laughing really hard when I read your blog! I can definitely see that happening to me one day. I would have died. You have such a good attitude. My favorite part is that she thought the paint was shampoo. I wish I could see you laughing about it. I miss seeing you laugh. I did the funniest thing to my class the other day. You would have laughed. I wish you were still next door so I could run over every time I do something. Remember when I sent you the "Do the better next time finger" in a sealed envelope? Good times.

Thanks for your email. I am so jealous of how much you are getting to run. Jeff and I have really been struggling. I really need a route.

Bench Family said...

Heid, that is awesome! I can totally picture K completely enjoying herself, then as you turn around to check on her I am sure she just started 'painting' harder and faster. Funny. We love ya Heid. Thanks for the good laugh.

Hollyween said...

That cracks me up! I think I would have stressed out in the store. It IS good to laugh about it. Your blog is way cute, by the way.

Bench Family said...

Heid, another good thing these blogs are for...I was in Hobby Lobby today with B and had some paint in my cart as well. It didn't take 2 seconds before she was opening the lid. And thanks to your blog it only took 1 second before I snatched it away from her! Thanks for the warning!