I have been tagged...but this time is a little different. I am suppose to list 7 different facts about myself; funny, random, silly, whatever. Then I will choose 7 new people to tag. It may seem a bit repetitive, but it is always fun to learn interesting new things about your friends. If you get tagged, then please list the rules when you post.
1. Something I have also wanted to do is run a marathon. I don't know why I've always wanted to do this because I HATE running, but it is something I wanted to accomplish. So this spring I decided it was time to stop wanting and to "Just do it!" So I have been training for my first half marathon for the last couple of months. I will run the marathon August 25Th in Logan. Even though I use to despise running, I have to admit that now I look forward to my running day. If I absolutely love running the half, then I will go for the whole marathon next year, if not I will just stick to 5ks, 10ks, and half's.
2. My Favorite things: Mike, Kenedy, Bubble baths, popcorn with Parmesan, running, reading, sudoku, little kids clothes, scrapbooking, artichokes, Kenedy's laugh, blogging, organizing, nail polish, making things, shopping, talking, my nephews, decorating, The Gap, chips and salsa, grapefruit, icecream, swimming, fireworks, office supplies, baby shoes, children's books, a clean house, Gymboree, pedicures, seeing Kenedy's cute face after she wakes up in the morning, when Mike gets home from work, the smell of outside in the morning, Hobby Lobby, good deals, my sister Kamie, friends, bubble gum suckers, Target, getting my hair cut and #1 spending time with my family!
3. My not so favorite things: Laundry, ants, spiders, MICE, unpacking after vacation, shrimp, a messy house, when Mike is late coming home from work, when kenedy is sick, the rain, driving in the snow, crowds, public speaking, when someone is mad at me, the smell of fish, bad breath, Mondays and putting in a yard.
4. I mentioned above that I hate Mice! The truth is I'm absolutely terrified of them. In our last home we had a mouse and I saw it twice! I think it is rare to see the mouse once, but twice! Growing up we had them in our house occasionally because we had a field above us. We would see evidence of them, but never see the mouse until it was dead in the trap. This mouse in our home I saw while watching Dora with Kenedy and the next day I saw it again while watching Dora with Kenedy. I swear I have been scarred for live! The second time I saw the mouse, I grabbed Kenedy and we went to Home Depot in our PJ's and bought $50 worth of mouse products. We then went home, set traps, packed our stuff and headed off to my mom's house. We stayed with my mom for three days until the mouse was caught. Cute Mike stayed home and moved our 16 traps around until the mouse was caught! He then took a picture and drove to my moms to show me proof that the mouse was dead. We went home with Mike, but I didn't sleep for a week! I still have nightmares that Mice are running across my face while I sleep. Now we live with our backyard against a field, so I'm pretty sure at sometime we will have another mouse in our home. I know it is so silly to be so afraid of them. I try to ask myself, "So what if it runs across me while I sleep? What is it going to do to me?" However, I am still terrified of them! Maybe one day I will grow up and get over it, but I don't think so! YUK!
5. I love going on vacation! I love planning, packing, eating out, seeing new things, not having the phone ring, having no responsibilities, and spending time with my family! However, my favorite part of the vacation, is coming home! I know that sounds so funny, but I love to go away and then come home to my bed, my closet, my couch, my bathroom, my kitchen, etc. I think coming home makes me feel so grateful that I have a home to come home to. Even though I love to go on vacation and go out for the day, I am truly a homebody!
6. In High School, I worked for a catering company. We would cater the Planes of the Jazz team. We would take the food down and set it up all pretty on the plane. We always set up about 1hour before the team members ever arrived. So even though we were catering for the Jazz, we never got to see them. Well one time we got the time wrong and when we showed up, the Jazz team was loading the plane! It was so cool! I have been to the games before and seen the players, but I have never stood that close to them before! In fact as we were putting the food out, Carl Malone touched my friend's shoulder and said "Excuse Me" because he was trying to get by. John Stockton walked by as well and I have to say he is so tall! I always thought he was so short. I use to call him "The Short One" before I knew his name. However, I remember looking up quite a bit as he walked by! My friend and I were so amazed the whole drive home!
7. I can be pessimistic at times. It is something I have to admit I don't love about myself. While we were waiting to get Kenedy, I could tell I was falling into a negative state of mind. I knew that if I didn't force myself to think positively that this could be a very long time in my life. So I took the Pollyanna approach and made up the "Sad, but Glad" game. Every time I felt sorry for myself about not having children, I had to think up a positive thought to go with my negative thought! Here is an example: Sad: I felt sad that I would never get to feel my baby inside of me. Glad: I don't have to get fat every time I have a baby. Sad: I don't get to have ultrasounds to hear my baby. Glad: I get to take them to temple to have them sealed to me forever! I know this may seem cheesy to some, but I swear it is what got me through it! I still use my cheesy game to this day. When I feel stressed or annoyed in life I try to find the opposite positive to it.
another example: Sad: I hate speaking in church Glad: I love that during the week I have to find time to study the gospel! Sometimes coming up with a positive is hard, but I have never not been able to come up with one! I challenge all to try this cheesy game and see if it does change your attitude and your outlook on life!
Now it's your turn. I know that I just tagged you all before, but I think this one is even more fun cause it is wide open. Now it is up to you, Julie, Carrera, Mandy, Christina, Tiffany, Lacey, and Jonna to carry this tag on. I am hoping to find out new interesting facts about each of you. I hope that you all learned something new about me. Ha ha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Heidi~ Your blog is by the far the cutest I've ever seen! You are so creative...I love it! I loved reading all about you in this cute tag. What a cute idea. I promise I'll keep it going. Thanks for you sweet comment on our blog- we miss you guys so much and wish we lived close! I know this is a long comment, maybe you better send me your email address, and I'll just email you too :) luv ya.
hey Heid,thanks for your advice on my tag comments. It didn't sound like a lecture at all, I really appreciate you sharing that with me because I do wish for the future a lot of the time. Esp. when I was in high school all i wanted to do was graduate and get married...and here i am. I know how fast it goes and I know as soon as we have a baby i'll look back and think 'heidi was SO right' hahaha. Thanks again, Im glad I posted that cause thats just what I needed was good advice! Love ya.
Carrera
I love your comments!!
Post a Comment