Sweet Gordon B. Hinckley passed away today. I am so happy for him and so sad for us. He is such an amazing man that accomplished so much in his life. I have a hard time feeling really sad because I know how happy he must be right now as he holds his sweet wife in his arms! I am so grateful that we have faithful men to lead our church. These men give up their lives to serve us! I am so grateful for this church and the covenants we make. I am so grateful that I have the knowledge of the here after, I know that I will be with my family again! I don't know how people handle death without this knowledge! I Thank Thee O God FOR A PROPHET!
Sunday, January 27, 2008
We Thank Thee O God For A Prophet!
Sweet Gordon B. Hinckley passed away today. I am so happy for him and so sad for us. He is such an amazing man that accomplished so much in his life. I have a hard time feeling really sad because I know how happy he must be right now as he holds his sweet wife in his arms! I am so grateful that we have faithful men to lead our church. These men give up their lives to serve us! I am so grateful for this church and the covenants we make. I am so grateful that I have the knowledge of the here after, I know that I will be with my family again! I don't know how people handle death without this knowledge! I Thank Thee O God FOR A PROPHET!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
It is soooo sad because he was AMAZING. But I too am happy for him! He did wonders for our church and for the world!
I am so glad he gets to be with his dear wife again, but oh how we will miss his smile, sense of humor and amazing spirit.
He was an incredible man. It makes me so happy to know that he is with his sweet wife, what a reunion that must have been!!
I totally agree with you. This news was both sad and happy for me. Thankfully I know that we will have another prophet soon. Ah, the church is wonderful!!!
P.S. I love the picnic in the house idea. I will have to steal that one. :P
I love that we have the knowledge that we have of eternal families and the gospel. It makes it a little easier knowing that not only is he with his eternal wife, but we will be someday too!
Beautifully said. It looks like we were thinking the same thoughts Sunday evening. Have fun tomorrow! Wish we could have come.
Yes, we loved him!! And I am excited to love the next one too!
It is sad and happy. I'm so glad he's back with his wife!! He always had the sweetest most inviting face.
What a sweet tribute Heidi!I feel the same way as you do!
Love you
Aunt Bev
Post a Comment