Sunday, January 27, 2008

Diamonds In The Snow

Last Monday, we decided to have a picnic by the back door because the snow looked like it had diamonds in it. I always think it looks beautiful after it snows, but I have never seen it look this sparkly. I don't know if I never taken the time to notice or what, but it was gorgeous! The picture doesn't do it justice!

Dad and Kenedy eating icecream with hotfudge!

When we tell Kenedy to say cheese, she says, "Burgers Cheese!" instead of cheese burgers. So funny!

Kenedy loves to eat some (aka snow)! So when she was finished with her icecream, she asked dad for some snow! Don't worry, we have taught her to only eat white snow!

16 comments:

L said...

What a cool picture! My kids love "picnics". What a great idea. I love Kenedy eating snow. That is so cute!!!

Wendy said...

What a fun idea. Kenedy is so cute, especially with chocolate on her face.

Bench Family said...

I love the snow. I think I love it even more now that I never see it! Will you have a little bit of fun in the snow for me?

Bench Family said...

Heid, I just checked out your adoption blog... do you have any idea how beautiful your family is? Man, we miss you guys!

jonna said...

I know what you mean by the sparkley snow. It looked like that the other morning up here! so fun! can't wait to see kenedy!

Lacey said...

Kenedy is darling! What a great idea...to have an indoor picnic. We should do a playdate. Carter would love that. Congratulations on getting your paperwork and everything turned in. I am so excited for you. I love reading your blog!

Me said...

I love snow pictures! And Kenedy pictures!

Lacey said...

You're are such a great mom! So I just changed my blog today and then went to your adoption blog and WHAT do you know...same background again! Heidi...too much in common! Have a great day love the adoption blog.

Troy, Brandy, and Boys said...

That picture of the snow is so cool! You always have the cutest ideas!! We will sometimes do floor picnics in the tv room but I never thought of doing one by the back door... :)

kristin said...

So fun. I too love the 'diamonds' in the snow, but didn't think I could ever catch it in a picture. Good job!
P.S. Where do you go for your cute background blog stuff. I need a little redecorating on mine!

The Brann's said...

Funny you posted about this. We were in the car the other day, and Canyon asked "what's all that sparkly stuff in the snow??.....there's like glitter or something in it". So then to read it on your blog made me laugh!!

Brenda

Anonymous said...

Man I miss that Freddy Krueger sweater Michael! DOTA!

Anonymous said...

How sweet and enjoy every moment! Pretty soon they are all married and out of your Home! I can't believe I am an empty nester, it seems like only yesterday I was running around like a mad lady!LOL! Now they are all making memories and thankfully letting us share in them!
Love you
Aunt Bev

Amy said...

Heidi,

Hey- I don't know if you remember me very well- Amy Shreeve, but I had to just leave you a comment to let you know how incredible your blog is! I found it randomly one day and was excited to see what you and Mike have been up to. Gotta admit, blogs have been a great way to find out where my old high school friends are.. ha ha.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know how impressed I am by who you guys are and the things you stand for and express on this blog. It sounds so silly and cheesey, but really, I have so enjoyed reading about your life and Kenedy and everything. I am so impressed!

Now that I have made myself sound completely stalker-ish... ha ha. Anyway, keep living great things. :-)

Hollyween said...

You're a great mom, Heidi! Who would think of a picnic by the snow??! She looks so cute in her jammies. Kids in jammies is my fave!! I wish Faith could just wear them all day long!

Carrie and Jeff said...

Hey Heidi! I hope you don't mind--I found you on Lindsey's blog. This is Carrie Bean by the way. I can't believe how much Kenedy has changed. Benson is getting to be such a big boy. I'm due with boy #2 in 6 and 1/2 weeks. Crazy! I hope to see you tomorrow at Jonna's. My blog is jcbeanfamily.blogspot.com.