
Today I had the opportunity to substitute for the newly married Dana Sudweeks Nye. It was so much fun to be back in my element. I substitute every now and then, but this time was different. I felt like I knew my way around. A lot of the activities she uses are from the second grade back at good old Pony Express. This was the first time in a long time that my heart ached to go back to teaching. I was even contemplating on what I could do with Kenedy if I went back. Don't worry the heartache only lasted for about an hour until the 2nd graders started acting like their teacher had not been there in three days and they didn't have to listen to the stupid substitute. What a day! I was exhausted by the end, not physically from teaching, but emotionally from debating all day! There are some very strong personalities in her class. Her class reminded me of my 2nd year and 4th year classes mixed together. The Ryker and Rebecca (Teacher Friends you know exactly who these sweethearts are) from the second year and the chattiness from my 4th year! Dana is a very patient women! Of course with the bad comes the good; she has some darling students in her class. The sad thing is that the hard ones take up so much time that you forget about the well behaved ones. Kind of sad, but such is life! When I got home, I was tired and moody and I still had to fix dinner, clean-up and take care of Kenedy. I take my hat off to the women that do all of this everyday. Eventhough I am exhausted, I do believe I may head back into the teaching world again.....Someday! However, right now I am enjoying playing with, snuggling, feeding, bathing, cleaning, chasing, rocking, entertaining, and loving Kenedy! I LOVE BEING KENEDY'S MOMMY and I am grateful for hard days that remind me of this!




15 comments:
Amen! I feel the same way about all those moms who work and have kids. I don't know if i could ever do it. Someday i will go back...but i don't know when. I am starting to sub in Park City...so hopefully that will give me my fix.
Ah, teaching, a world all it's own! I totally remember and understand the whole naughty kids making it hard to see/notice the good kids (one word for you-JOEL). I am glad you got your fix though and congratulations to Dana and your family.
P.S. Love the new blog colors!!! Someday mine will be as cute as yours.
I know what you mean. I go back and forth everyday about what I should do next year after having my baby. I've decided I'm not making any decisions until the baby is here and I've had time to get used to what it's like being a mom. But from reading all of the blogs from you stay at home mommies, I'm sure I won't want to come back. We'll see!! Can't wait to see a new post from you with your new little one. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's soon!!
Wait a minute is dana here? i thought she went to texas...? i am obviously way out of the loop. Yes I plan on going back next year. I have a million things I'd rather pursue part time instead, but unfortunately I don't have much choice because I NEED the insurance!!! It's hard thinking about it, but I have a lot of time to still enjoy this year at home with Madi. I'm so excited for you guys... i can't wait to see how cute your next little miracle is.
I am so sad I missed Dana's wedding...Jeff had his strep and we didn't want everyone else to get it. How was it?? You need to get Dana to start a blog. I am glad you got a little teaching fix. If you went back, when do you think you would?
hey guys, love your blog! It will be fun to know more about your family too!
Way cute Blog Heidi! It was so fun to see you and darling Kenedy today! Thanks for coming. I think you are amazing. PS I forgot to tell you to tell Heidi "Hi" and leave a comment sometime and TO START A BLOG! I would love to see what she's up to!
Have a great week!
Hi, I am sorry to intrude into your family blog...I don't believe that we know eachother but I saw one of your comments on our friends the "THE CUDDLE CREW" blog. And I love how you have customized your own scrapbooking into your blog, if you don't mind...could I ask you how you did that? I have looked at websites such as the shabbyprincess, but I just don't understand how to upload it into my blog template. If you have time to help me out, that would be great. And sorry again for butting in!
I agree Heidi! Even though Dana married my last to leave the house, I still cannot even imagine how I could work full time! I have helped a couple times in her class, I need to go more often, But she handles it so well! Thank you so much for the great matchmaking skills! We love her so much and feel so blessed to have her in our family! Love you heidi Aunt Bev
You can feel free to come to my classroom anytime!! Right now I would look forward to the break! But at the same time I have a hard time picturing me not working. I guess that will change when I see my little guy, but I will still have to work one more year after he is here.
Heidi trust me if you start feeling like you want to teach just let me know you can come and visit my class! Ha Ha they are getting better but the focus of my thoughts and energy are so elswhere!
I Love the Music!!!!!
I didn't know you taught, Heidi! Teachers are the greatest.
Sometimes I want to work so badly and I think it's great that some women do. Every time I think about it though, I have a feeling that home is where I need to be. Ya know where I would work though? Target! Is that dumb or what? I freaking LOVE Target.
Oh, the great aspirations of me. I dream big, huh?
That's too funny because Doug called me yesterday and wanted me to teach for the rest of the year. I really thought about going back and then I thought of doing all those things with maddy and missing out of so many things. So I've got to call Doug back tomorrow and tell him that I just can't leave Maddy. I miss it, but not that MUCH!!!
your blog is way to cute. I love all the scrapbook stuff you need to show me how you got that. I am so happy for you guys getting your papers in. My sister has adobted two little boys from lds family services it is such a wonderful thing. I love your blog....
Post a Comment