Friday, October 5, 2007

Poison Control

I am the best mother in the world! I have had to call Poison Control four times in the last four months! Yes that is right, once a month. My sweet Kenedy eats everything! First it was pool chemicals; then it was Cascade, baby oil and just yesterday Oil base paint. Every time I call I feel like I am the worst mother ever! I feel like the people are thinking where were you when she was eating paint? The funniest thing is that most of the time I am sitting right there and catch her right after she inserts the chemicals in her mouth! I promise I feed her, she just gets into everything! Every time you call they ask your name, her name and your zip code. Yesterday they asked me for my last name after I gave them the first three answers! I was freaking out that they are tracking us and that they are going to come and take her away because they think I'm not taking care of her. However, to my relief a friend of mine told me that she called countless times with one of her mischievous children and everything was just fine! Kenedy is such a sweet little girl, but the biggest klutz you will ever find! Between her accident proneness and her desire to taste everything, I wonder if she will make it to her fifth birthday!

5 comments:

jonna said...

Your a good mother! Don't worry...she is just being a kid...I am sure we will all go through it.

Jill said...

Oh my goodness, that is funny but scary huh! Wow, sounds like you need double locks on everything with that little girl!! She sure keeps you busy, but sure is a CUTIE!! You are a fabulous mother. Just another part of our job!!

Lacey said...

I know exactly how you feel, but you are a great mom. In the last week Maddy has fallen off the counter and wrapped the blind cord around her neck twice. It was sooo scary she had a nice red mark around her neck for a few days. I felt so horrible because I was on the other side of the table. One thing that every mom is a master of.....guilt.

Hollyween said...

Of COURSE you're a good mother. I think we all think we're bad mothers from time to time (like me the other day when Levi asked if I was forgetting about him. WAAAAA!). All that counts is that you got her out of the paint and whatever else and saved her. She'll totally thank you one day. Oh, and thanks for the sweet words on my blog. You're too sweet!

The Peterson's said...

I don't know about eating stuff but I do know about the actidents. When I was little DCFS would aks my mom about me all the time because I always got myself into trouble. I'm sure your little Kennady will be just fine!!