Monday, October 15, 2007

Farm Field Trip

Today Kenedy and I went to Black Island Farms with my mom and her class. When we first got there we got to go on a "hay ride" but there was no hay, I'm not really sure why they call it a Hay ride. However, Kenedy loved it!




We stopped on our hayride at the pumpkin patch and got to pick a pumpkin. We stopped at the corn field also and learned about different kinds of corn. Did you know that there is a new kind of corn called strawberry corn? It looks like a strawberry with the skins of corn. Pretty neat!


After the Hayride we went back to the courtyard and watched pig races and ate lunch. While my mom's students headed into the corn maze, we headed off to have some fun playing on and in the toys!



Sand Box full of corn!


Slides made out of Haystacks!


Pumpkin jumping house

Train made out of plastic barrels. We had so much fun today! I took a bunch more pics, but I am tired of uploading them sorry! We also played in a mini maze and looked at the animals in the petting zoo. We had so much fun! Thanks for letting us tag along mom!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I swear we must think alike! We do almost the same stuff all the time! We went and got our pumkins yesterday too! That's too funny! It's like we call and plan it or something! Looks like a lot of fun! Love this time of year.

Lindsey said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. Just like my mother says, every stage of your kids is so much fun.

jonna said...

seriously, you and lacey do tons of stuff. I will have to take you up on all your fun ideas when Taylor is a little older. we will have to get all our little girls together soon. Play date!!!

Jill said...

Wow, that looked awesome. Where is that place? How fun. I need to find something cool like that to take Tanner to! Cute pix.