So ever since I stopped teaching school, I have been terrible at making sure I drink all my water everyday! Teaching you are talking all the time, so I would drink all the time! Now I have to remind myself to eat and drink because I'm so busy making sure that Kenedy eats and drinks! I have also been drinking way too much Diet Coke! The other day I read an article from Beach Body and it said:
"Almost every nutritionist will recommend drinking eight 8-ounce glasses of water every day, but did you know that if you drink iced water versus room-temperature water, your body will burn an extra nine calories per glass? Drinking room-temperature water can burn about 16 calories per glass—that's 25 calories per glass for iced water. So, eight glasses of cool water a day can be responsible for burning 200 calories!"
I knew that water was an essential key to weight loss and healthy living, but I didn't know it actually burned calories. So I have made a new goal: No Diet Coke until I have at least drank 64 oz. of water. My dear friend Heidi Blackner was making fun of me when I verbalized my new goal since she knows how much I love Diet Coke and told me I'd better Blog my daily water intake. Well I won't bore you everyday with my water consumption, but I had to write this for her today! So Heidi Blackner today I drank 16 oz. of Propel and 82 oz. of water today! I did cheat and have one Diet Coke before I had finished my 64 oz., but it was only because we were at the pool and my water was gone and I was really thirsty! I did good for my first day of my new goal. I am way more motivated to drink all my water knowing I am burning calories while doing it! Maybe I can give up running if I drink like 4 gallons of water a day. What do you think Heidi? Just kidding I love they way I feel after we run, I'll just do both and see if I have any weight loss success!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I gave up Diet Coke 6 months ago! You can do it! It makes you feel soooo much better. I didn't know that about water...thanks for the advice!
I hear ya on the water thing. Ever since teaching ending, I too don't drink enough...and I am prego. I need to be better!
The water thing is a great idea. I also can understand. I drink less over the summer then I do durring the school year. Your family is beautiful and I can see why it is suck a wonderful time in your life. No news from me yet. We don't know what is going to happen with our family. But If I ever do have news I will let you know. One way or the other!
Post a Comment