Sunday, December 20, 2009

No More Curls

Do you remember these beautiful curls that took us almost four years to grow?

Well I am sad to say as of Friday, December 18th they are gone! Not by my choice of course, but by this little princess.

Kenedy got up Friday evening, snuck into my bathroom, and had a cutting party. When I got up Saturday morning to get ready for the Moss family Christmas party, I might add, I saw lying in the garbage these beautiful ponytails.

At first, I thought, which doll did Kenedy give a haircut to? That is really pretty hair! And then I noticed the rubber bands that I had put into her hair the day before and I ran into her bedroom to find my worst (Okay probably not my worst, but close) nightmare come true. Kenedy had cut her two ponies right off. I started sobbing! Kenedy woke up and immediately knew what I was crying about. She said, "It's Okay mom I still look pretty!" Being the good mom that I am, I blurted, "No, you look like a boy!" Gold star for me! LOL! I sobbed and then sobbed some more. When I realized that I had totally hurt my precious daughters feelings, I realized it was time to grow up, act like a mom (this is really hard sometimes) and fix those poor hurt feelings. After all it is only hair!
We hugged her tons and told her it was a good thing she has such a pretty face, asked her to promise to never cut her hair again, threw on this,
and off to the Christmas party we went to meet my sweet cousin Colette.
Colette is a hair genius and helped me calm down over the phone. When she saw Kenedy's hair, I had to help calm her down.
Mullets are in, right?

After a small haircut (I say small because there wasn't much left to cut) we now have this result.
She looks Five years older! Hair please grow back quick so I can have my little lady back!
I have learned something through this three years old independence gesture: never to judge when I see little girls with wacky hair. I see these little girls that have haircuts that are for grown woman and I think, "Why in the world did you trade, ponies, bows, braids, twist, curls, etc for that?" Now I know. I wish someone would have just explained instead of making me learn this fabulous lesson this way, but oh well!I am so grateful that Kenedy has no hair by her choice and not by the choice of cancer or some other horrific disease. So for the present (and hopefully not too long into the future) we will say Good bye to curls and hello, to hats, low ponies, and wacky hair.

17 comments:

landofnyedom said...

I don't know what I'd do if my girls cut their own hair. Her new do looks way cute though! Thanks for letting me hold that cute baby of yours yesterday. It was fun seeing you.

Jylaire said...

Oh Heidi! You definitely made do with a crappy situation!!! I would have freaked out! You did a great job with the new cut. Your new little one is beautiful! Congrats!

Bench Family said...

I want to cry for you! I would probably react a lot worse than you did! She does have a beautiful face!

Wendy said...

Kennedy would be cute even if she was bald. So sorry about the ponies. I did something similar when I was little and lucky for us it does grow back! Her new style is cute and I love the Hat/flower! She's a doll!

Dana said...

Wow! Colette did a great job of fixing it! She's still such a cutie!

Chalyse said...

oh my gosh heidi, I never got to see the morning after results before Collette fixed it. Those pictures of her mullet are so hilarious, seriously, i am crying cause i am laughing so hard. She is so stinkin' cute that she could even pull the mullet off! The new do turned out way cute and she is adorable no matter what!

Jill said...

I apologize for laughing so hard! Oh my gosh. I hope Kambrie never does that, but it seems that EVERY little girl DOES IT!!!! What's the deal. Ahhhh. You are right though, she does have a beautiful face and looks cute no matter what. I hope you can get to the point where you look back on this and laugh too!

Jill said...

PS I'm laughing because that mullet is what I see around here all the time...she would fit in perfectly in Missouri. Seriously.

Ashley Hardison said...

I feel so bad for you. Kenedy is so cute seriously it doesn't matter what her hair looks like, but I can see how upset you are. I would be too. Just think it will be cold for the next 4 months probably so she can wear little beanies and no one would think anything of it. But her hair cut looks pretty cute too.

Nathan and Lesly said...

Austin cut Rebecca's hair when she was two. When he saw how upset I was he said, "What is the big deal mom, it will grow back." I told him to lock himself in his room before I got to him.

Love Family said...

Oh my gosh!! I couldn't help but laugh but there was also a huge "oh nooo..." in there too! You should have kept the mullet, they ARE totally in!! haha I think her new hair looks so cute though!! Your cousin (or whoever) did a great job!!

Mary Ellen said...

I think the stylist did a really great job...she is still as adorable as ever.

Troy, Brandy, and Boys said...

Oh Heidi! Your blog had me about crying and laughing all the way through. Collette did do a great job! And Kenedy's still a doll! :)

Kyle, Tiffany, and Kaiden said...

Well, you definitely made it look good! She looks like a little teenager now. I would have freaked out. I showed Kaiden it, and he said, "did she get a time out for it?" That shows how often he gets timeouts. Anyway, congrats on the new baby, and I hope you guys had a great Christmas.

Emily said...

I heard about this. So, so sorry. Don't you wish you could just glue it back on?

Kids. Sheesh.

Way to make the best of it though.

Lindsey said...

WOW! What a story. She looks darling, though. I am glad that you were able to figure something out. Your kids are so cute and growing so fast. Congratulations on the new addition. It's nice to know that I am not the only mom waking up in the middle of the night for feedings.

Kristie said...

oh man, I totally feel for you. My daughters have done the cutting hair thing. well her new style looks cute if that makes you feel better!