Stories For The Journal
This is at Kenedy's two year old appointment and she is telling me, "No Picture, Mommy!" She past the 2nd year appointment with good health, great verbal skills and a lesson on "How to Put Your Two Year Old In Time Out (DUH)!" Here are her Stats:
Height: 34 inches (50 %)
Weight: 26.2 lbs (45%)
Head: 18.5 inches (45%)
Loves: Rice, Babies, Cottage Cheese, ATTENTION, Outside, Trains, Popsicles, Music, Puppies, Friends, Biting, Arctic Circle, Cheese, Suckers, Books, Strollers, Princesses, Aladdin, Hitting, Cousins, Games, bath time, Jammies, Going to the Doctor, Scratching, dancing, Going For Walks, Cuddling with mom, bikes, planes, nursery, running, suckers, making messes, WATER, exploring, puzzles, singing, being with her family, Being rocked, Oatmeal
Hates: Time Out, Being ignored, When mom is on the phone, sitting still, Daddy being sick, getting her hair done, getting dressed, having her diaper changed, being pushed (eventhough she scratches, hits, and bites EVERYONE ELSE!)
New Things Learned: How to open doors; How to reach just about anything, climb; Colors: red, blue, yellow, purple, pink, green; Sings Ariel, Pretends to be a puppy and a kitty; what the elephant says; how to jump; what her shadow is; Where her elbow, forehead, armpit, eyelid, eyelash, ankle, wrist are; Happy Birthday Song; what the Rooster says; Talking back; to ease drop; A whole New World song; How to put lipstick on; Says prayers on her own; How to wrap your parents around your finger; pours water from teapot into cups; The Wheels on the bus song; Bumblee song; If you hit someome, they might hit you back; that Brady is on a Mission: That Mommy's belly doesn't grow babies like the other mommies; Grandma Net and Grandma Bird; What chapstick tastes like, Yum; How to say just about everything; Takes pictures with a camera, what an I-pod is, How much her mommy and daddy love her; and so much more!

This is a picture of why I have not posted forever! I HATE SICKNESS! We have all had our turn, one right after another and I am so done! Please bring the hot sun and get rid of the cold and the flu!

This is such a funny picture of Kenedy! It makes me realize that sometimes cameras really take bad pictures! Maybe I am OK and I don't really look as bad as the pictures portray. What do you think it means if you have more bad pictures than good ones? Anyway back to the picture, Kenedy picked up my I-Pod the other day and asked what it was. I told her it was my music I listen to when I run. She said, "I try?" So I put it in her ears and the she started running around the house. It was too funny! I wish I had a video camera on all day to watch all the funny things she does. You never get the best ones on camera or film and you have to admit, re-telling doesn't do justice.
POOP-POO ON THE POTTY!
YUK! Kenedy has been fascinated with the potty lately. I am not sure I am ready for this adventure, but I play along anyway. She is always asking to sit on the potty. Not her potty the big potty. So her little potty turns into a step and a smaller toilet seat. Normally she just sits on the toilet and pretends to go, wipes, flushes, and then does the whole sequence over and over again until I con her into doing another activity. She never actually goes and believe me we have played potty long enough for her to have peed 9,000 times. Of course the one day that I walk away to answer a question my cousins has, who I am on the phone with, Kenedy really GOES! All of the sudden she has followed me into the computer room, along with a very yucky smell. I tell my cousin I will call her right back and follow Kenedy back to the bathroom. This is what I found! YUK! YUK! YUK! I couldn't get mad, because she tried to go. I think she got scared and jumped off a little too soon! I told her good job and then said, "Next time, let's try to get into the little hole! Ok?" Next time, I will not leave my 2 year old on the toilet while I run for literally 30 seconds to look at something on the computer! I wish I could say she has gone again since, but I think this experience turned her off. Oh well, we still have a while until she HAS TO BE Potty trained. Right?
Here is Kenedy on Valentines! I am really behind! Can you tell. Today is the 14th of March! Oh well! We sent her on a little scavenger hunt for all her Valentine treats. We are practicing for the Bird Egg Hunt, so we can come home with some good treats this year! ha ha! Mike also brought her home the cute white lamb! He is the best, he never forgets me or Kenedy on Valentines! We love your face, honey! (That was for you, Heidi Blackner! Ha Ha)
SATAN'S GRANDMOTHERAnyone who knows my sweet baby girl well knows that she is the sweetest, funniest, smartest thing you have ever seen, but she has some BAD HABITS (I call them habits because it makes me feel like they will go away someday. Right?). I don't want to get too negative about her because I love her more than words could ever express! But we had the funniest thing happen to us because of Kenedy's cute HABITS! A few Fridays ago we went to McDonalds with my cute sister, Kamie and her cute boys. I was having a really bad day because my sweet 2 year old has a very hard time keeping her little hands to herself. She had already sat in time out like 20 times, been spanked, lectured, and had to leave early from her friends at our workout class because she hit every kid there. We were having a day. So what do I do, reward her by taking her to McDonalds. Good job Mom, no wonder she hasn't kicked the hiting, biting, scratching, pulling hair HABIT! I think we went to McDonalds to reward me for not beating her! Ha Ha! Anyway, when we got there it was really busy and there were no tables left in the play area. So we sat outside right next to the window so we could watch our sweet kids hit, I mean play, with the other kids. I will admit, I was caught up into my bad day and was mot paying very close attention to my sweet 2 old. When all of the sudden, I notice a screaming 15 to 18 month old and a very mad mom. I thought, great what did she do? Bite? Pull hair? Scratch? Hit? Push? Scream in his face? I keep watching as this women gathers her things in rage. She then walks over and starts talking to an Older women that I have named, "Satan's Grandmother". They are talking and looking at us and saying something about all the moms "OUT THERE". There was us and a few others, but of course I think they are talking directly about me. After the mad mom gets her things she storms out with her children and friend. As she walks by us, I ask the dreaded question, "Did my little girl hit him?" (The little boy is still screaming) She says, "No, but she is really aggressive!" I wanted to say, "Really I hadn't noticed!' But I shut my mouth and apologized for something I didn't do that I didn't want to have happen either and have been praying about, reading about, asking about, talking about until I am blue in the face. Why again do I have to apologize? (Thanks for the little side vent! Back to the story!) Before I could say anything else, the mad women told us that if she had any advice for us, it would be to keep our children away from the crazy women (Satan's Grandmother) in the play area. The next thing I knew Satan's Grandmother was at my side telling me off because my kid had already hit THREE Kids! I wanted to say, "Only Three? Good job K! We are making huge improvements!" But I didn't, I just apologized AGAIN! While I was being told off, the mad women started explaining what was going on in the play area. Her little 15 month old hit Satan's Grandma's child, so the S.G. (Short for Satan's Grandma. I am getting tired of typing the whole thing and If I get tired I won't finish this post until April 14th and then no one will care how cute Kenedy looked on Valentines! Ha Ha) grabbed the little boys so hard that he had been screaming for 10 minutes. The mad women went up to S.G. and told her she had no right to touch other peoples' children. the S.G. told her that if all the moms "OUT THERE" (that would be kamie and I and three others) would watch their children, then she wouldn't have to grab other peoples' children. While the mad women is getting all the moms "Out There" worked up the S.G. stands up in the CHILDREN'S PLAY AREA and with both middle fingers flips off the entire play area and restaurant area. She was worried about hitting? She just taught every kid a new gesture that I don't need becoming one of our "BAD HABITS"! Well I got the giggles! Has this ever happened to you? At the worst moment possible? I couldn't stop laughing. It was that or cry after the day I was having. I chose to laugh, it feels better! Well the S.G. could tell the whole place was talking about her and I was laughing at her, so she grabbed her things and her PERFECT CHILDREN THAT NEVER HIT and got ready to leave. She comes out with the moms "OUT THERE" and begins to refill her drink before she makes her graceful exit. There was a mouthy mom among the moms "OUT THERE", (no it was not me, I was the giggly one, remember!). The mouthy mom was saying things really loud so that S.G. could hear which made me laugh even harder. Not helping the problem, I know! The S.G. finally leaves, but turns around in the window looks at me and pretends to laugh mocking me, which just made me, laugh harder! Good thing she left, I might have got shot! I laughed the rest of the day about this! Needless to say, S.G. must have been having a bad day and she chose anger and crude gestures (her BAD HABITS) to vent. She should try laughing, it is a lot more fun! (WOW it is really hard to tell a story like that when you don't know any of the key characters names. I guess my BAD HABIT after that story is, name calling! I will work on that one, I don't want Kenedy picking that one up too!) After we left I asked Kenedy if that mean old Lady (There is my BAD HABIT again) said anything to her. She said, "She /u/ push-ed me!" Kenedy only says this when she gets pushed, she has never made it up before, maybe this time, I don't know. If I had seen this women push my child, I don't think I would have been laughing.
CAN YOU IMAGINE ANY GROWN WOMEN PUSHING THIS CUTE FACE! SHE IS THE CUTEST THING EVER, BAD HABITS AND ALL! I LOVE YOU K-BUG!
TEACHING HER TO TALK BACK
The other day she got mad and threw everything off your dresser. I said in a very serious tone, "Kenedy Bird, we do not throw things!" I then gave her the mom look. She folded her sweet little arms and began to pout. She sat there for a moment as if she was thinking of a comeback and responded, "Heidi Bird!" I of course laughed so hard, which taught her one simple lesson: It is funny to talk back to mommy. Good job, mom! I guess the lesson of not to talk back will come in time, when I learn to turn my head or walk out of the room to laugh! After I was laughing she said, "I funny, huh mom?" What a character!

Kenedy's Favorite! Popsicles!
Today she informed me she wanted to marry a Prince in the temple like Cinderella. I told her she would find her prince when she was older, but for now she was my little baby. She said, "OK!" She is growing up way too fast!!!

Two wasn't enough, She needed some of Dad's! Why do they always think our food taste better than theirs. IT IS THE SAME THING!
I am finished with this post that I have been working on for 2 weeks! I am motivated again, so come visit us soon!
LIFE WITH KENEDY IS THE BEST!
27 comments:
Kenedy sounds like quite the character! Your stories were hilarious!! The visual of you laughing while Satan's Grandma is flipping everyone off is priceless!
Fun stories Heidi! Some people are just out of control.
I'm doing the SLC Marathon to get it off of my new year's resolution list, then I'm training for a bike century in June with my hubby and brother. When is the 1/2? It would be fun to run it with you guys.
Oh my goodness, Kenedy has so much energy!!!! You are so good with her though, and yes she is just adorable. Hilarious stories, loved them. You are sooooooo funny!
I wonder how I would've reacted to (SG) :) I totally laughed, Ave is turning out to have some of these habits you talk about, I swear she said "Don't" to me yesterday right before she hit me in the face. I may be calling you for advice, I think you are doing great!
Oh my gosh! She is darling and I was laughing out loud. Every child hits and bites and does it...don't feel alone on that one! I love how she said your name when she got in trouble..I would have laughed out loud too! She is SO stinkin cute!
McDonalds was a blast. I totally want to see S.G. again that was fun. Kenedy is so fun and cute. What would we do with out her.
Me and my mom were actually reading this together and we were laughing so hard about the "SG", Ha Ha! I have this picture of her flipping off everyone! HILARIOUS STORY!! Now that I think of it, I think I am one of those with the same bad habbit like you! :) I should work on that!
This has got to be one of the funniest posts I have ever read. I can't believe that woman flipped everyone off at McDonald's; talk about hypocritical.
P.S. We need to get together. Are you free sometime next week or the following week for a get together? We could get Jonna too.
Loved the McDonald's story- sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one that runs into the crazy people, it's comforting to know that you ran into one and didn't stoop to her level. I think laughing about it was about the healthiest thing you could've done!
Heidi-you are so dang funny! I love reading your cute, thoughtful posts. Kenedy is a doll and definitely has her own little personality! I think you are such a great mom! I am glad to hear that she is happy and healthy!
Love the McDonald's story, don't think I would have handled it as well as you did. I would have been with Kenedy on that one, hitting, biting!:) I used to think that I was just a great mom because Isabel is pretty well behaved, then I had Axel and a reality check! My kid hits too!
There are some really unhappy people. That's horrible. Well, I'm sorry your had the sickeness too. It leaves no time for blogging. Kenedy has grown..she looks so much older.
Those are great posts Heidi! I especially loved the S.G. one. You handled that better than I would have. Was that when Kenedy pooped on the potty when we were on the phone? It's funny to see what you were talking about. Again- handled so well! I'm glad you guys are feeling better. Our family's been sick too. I can't wait for summer! Kenedy's adorable and if she didn't have any 'bad habits' you wouldn't have so many funny stories! We'll still have to get together and do our girls night.
That is great! Sounds like life couldn't get any better! Hey... I am having a baby shower March 31 at pony if you can make it I would love to see you!
Heidster,
That picture with the ka-ka everywhere made me laugh and cringe; hasn't Mike kicked that habit yet? I think the only words to describe that picture are "dead-rotting-dog-carcus"...
I'm going to AZ next week for work.
***How 'bout next Saturday?***
Tui
Heidi!
Jenny told me I had to check out your post. You are hilarious! I do know how frustrating it is to have the aggressive kid. It does get better! There is nothing more annoying than some stranger trying to discipline your kid. Thanks for making me laugh!
Oh Heidi, that was a fun read!
So funny about the "Satan's Grandmother". HA HA HA HA HA!
You have a good attitude to laugh it off! What grandma flips a bunch of people off??!! I think I would have been super pissed but thought it was funny all at the same time! Hey, it made for great blogging.
Kennedy is a DOLL
and the poop pics? Priceless. You can show that picture to her future husband.
so fun...your stories along with beth's are great. I miss you both! kenedy is getting so big! how is the adoption stuff coming?
Heidi your stories are hysterical! Abby is starting to throw tantrums and form "bad habits" and I am not sure what to do, so it's nice to know other moms get frustrated---I especially love the talking back story, Kenedy's response was priceless!
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Heidi - I can't believe that she is two already. The first time she came to my house I don't think she could walk yet. My how time flies. Good luck with the terrible twos!!
So much fin for one mommy. Loved the Mcdonalds tale..some people need to lighten up. I would have been laughing to, what else can ya do? I am jealous Kenedy wants to sit on the potty...McKay needs some motivation.
Heidi -
My sister told me she told you that I have read your blog.
So, I thought I should say hi instead of just reading and leaving.
Your family is dang cute.
Erin
Heidi, I found your blog through Mel's and Maggie's. You are so good at the whole cropping template stuff. It is adorable! Your daughter is beautiful. I can't wait to tell all my Mommy friends about the Granny of Satan who flips off little kids! Hilarious!
Whoa, that poop picture is great!
I love all the things you documented. That is a good idea to right down their current likes/dislikes, etc once in awhile.
I think Kennedy is hilarious and so stinkin cute!
Heidi, This is Kristy Shepherd, the old old receptionist from CDI! haha I saw your blog from Kamie's. I know... I'm a blog stalker, but Kenedy is so funny to read about I can't help it! She really is the most adorable girl.
Heidi, This is Kristy Shepherd, the old old receptionist from CDI! haha I saw your blog from Kamie's. I know... I'm a blog stalker, but Kenedy is so funny to read about I can't help it! She really is the most adorable girl.
Post a Comment