Are anyone elses' Sundays like this:
8:30 Wake Up! (I know I am lazy and lucky my child doesn't wake up until this time every morning. So don't call me before 8:30 LOL).
8:30-12:00 Prepare food for Super bowl party! Pasta Salad, Oreo balls, 7 layer dip, and chocolate covered cinnamon bears. ( I think I was slightly hungry when I went to the grocery store! I had decided that today was going to be a free day, so I'd better get it all in!). While cooking I decided I need a new blender and a new set of sharp knives! I cut my finger, due to the dull knives, while cutting the carrots. I cut the side of my finger so deep that I cut into my finger nail. It bled and bled and bled! I used a ton of bandaids and got back to work. Kenedy has now become fond of bandaids. She pretends to hurt her fingers so we will put them on her. This brings back fond memories of 2nd grade! After the food was prepared and the kitchen looked like it had thrown up, I set off to get Kenedy and I ready for church. Our goal today, as it is every Sunday, was to be on time! Yeah Right! We can't even get there on time when it starts at 1:00. But today was going to be different!
12:00-12:45 bathed and ready for church. Getting blood on almost every piece of clothing! I have now gone through 10 bandaids!
12:45-1:10 Wrestled with Kenedy to get ready. This was just the time it took to get her hair done! Mike had already bathed and dressed her. I tried being the patient mom and tell stories, sing songs, and make funny faces in the mirror to distract her from what I was doing to her cute head. That didn't work so I went to bribery and then threats, until Mike finally spanked her sweet little rear! Yes I know we are the worst parents EVER! The rear patting worked and she sat done and let me finish her hair not without moving of course. By the time we were finished with her hair, I felt flustered and like I needed to re-shower. Why is she always so naughty on Sunday? Every other day it takes me no longer than five minutes to do her hair!
1:10- 1:15 shoes, the eight million church bags, binders for R.S., load the car!
1:15-1:16 Drive to church! You would all laugh if you saw how far we live from the church and we drive! We literally live two houses away, but it is freezing and I don't want my feet wet. Plus I really didn't want to miss the sacrament and at this point every minute counted.
1:16-2:10 We finally made it only to get the water. I know you are not suppose to take the sacrament if you didn't take the bread, but I did my best to get there on time today and I knew my Father in Heaven would understand that I really needed to take at least part of the sacrament after the morning I had. Our ward is huge and growing every week so if you don't get there early, sorry you are sitting in the foyer. Another Sacrament meeting in the Foyer. I am sitting there thinking why did I even come? It is so loud, I can't hear, Kenedy is running like a crazy person because she should be taking a nap. I look around at the other late families sitting in the foyer and think, how come their children are sitting so nicely and mine is taking her 20th drink from the drinking fountain, pulling a doll away from another sweet tolder, eating pretzels and then crushing the rest into the rug. I feel my eyes start to well up with tears as I ponder what I have done wrong in teaching this daughter of God what it means to be reverant.
2:10-3:00 Finally, I take Kenedy to nursery, which she absolutely loves and I have to say I do to! I then meet my sweet husband back for Sunday School. I nestle into my husband take a deep breath and relax for the first time since I woke up and then start to miss my wild toddler. Why do I miss that messy face so much when I finally have a break? She is crazy, but so addicting! I decide that I should hurry and take the nursery binders around so that I don't have to miss R.S. Plus I want to snug my little K-BUG! The first thing I see as I walk in the room, is Kenedy smacking another little girl as she attempts to steal her babie doll away! So of course I go back to the guilt of not raising my child right. She must hit the whole time she is in nursery because what are the chances that I walk in on the only instance? NONE! I then begin to apologize for my sweet angels behavior and then I lecture and snug her! I leave feeling overwhelmed, but refreshed from her hugs!
3:00-4:00 R.S., my favorite thing about Sunday! I remember hating R.S. before I had Kenedy and now I really don't want to miss it! At this point of church I am thinking I don't know why I kill myself to get here. I never get anything out of Sacrament meeting because I am too busy wrestling Kenedy and Sunday School I have a chatting and day dreaming problem. Anyone else? As the teacher teaches, I tell myself this is why I killed myself! I need to feel the spirit! I need to feel my Saviors love for me! I need to be reminded that I can do this for one more week! This was all worth the hectic morning!
4:00-4:30 Gather binders, chat with friends and snug my precious daughter! I leave church feeling uplifted and emotional! I share our lesson with Mike and I listen as he shares his. We make goals to be more spiritual, be on time, be more patient and loving. We gather our items for the party and head of to watch the Superbowl. Big twist from the spiritual high we were on, but it is great to be with family.
4:30-9:00 Arrive at my sisters house ready to Party! We eat, laugh, make bugs for Kenedy's birthday party, and chase our wild children. I have to admit there was no Football watching from the girls. But the guys did plenty of it! I know it is pathetic to go to a Superbowl party and not watch football, but I'm not much of a sports fan! I get bored watching men run up and down the field as I wonder what the heck is going on! I hate all the replays, it makes the game go on forever! So I always bring a project to work on and then I love "watching football". During this time Kenedy runs out and says, "Look Mom, I naked!" Naked she was! I went to hunt done the soiled diaper expecting to find a wet diaper, but emerged upon a nice smelly one! Yes she pooped and then pulled the diaper off, sat on Trace's bed with her poopy bum and then let the dog lick what was not rubbed of from the bed! YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! I very quickly cleaned up the mess as my family laughed their heads off! It is always funnier when it is not your child. After the football games was over we chatted some more, cleaned up, and the headed home.
9:00-9:30 get Kenedy ready for bed, say prayers, sing songs, and trace her sweet, little face! Every frustration I had from the day is gone as I snuggled my sweet precious baby! I am overwhelmed with the love I have for her and I wonder how I could ever let her frustrate me! I lay her in bed and tell her goodnight as I shut the door.
9:30-10:30 Hang out with Mike
10:30-12:30 I clean up and blog as I feel more guilt about spending too much time on the computer and not enough with my sweet husband. I promised myself I would be in bed by 11:30, because much needed excercise has been on hold since November, and it starts tomorrow at 5:00 am. Why 5? Because my very best Friend and running partner, Heidi Blackner is pregnant, YEAH! So I have to run with the ladies in my ward and they go at 5:00, kill me! Remember, I don't get up until 8:30 so it is going to take me awhile to get into the schedule of 5:00! (Plus I need to get in the routine of early mornings if I want to be ready for another little miracle!) I did it when I was going to college and after I get use to, I will love it! I will love having it behind me for the day and having a couple of hours before K gets up to get the house ready for the day! (I know Heidi, you are freaking out as you read this, but don't worry I will walk or lightly jog with you on the days I don't run at five and even on the days I do run. Have you seen this sad body, it needs all the help it can get! Especially if we are going to go on that much needed cruise! LOL! So don't worry, I will still be your favorite exercise buddy and I will be so excited when you are ready to join the training game again! I Love Your Face!). Well once again I am late! What is new? My bed time of 11:30 is now 12:30! Goodnight and thanks for ready this extremly looooooooooooooooooong post! I just had to journal the typical Sunday so when I am older and my cute K-bug is raising her own sweet children, I can remember how much work and how much love goes into being a mother!
*Once again, the spell check is not working! What is wrong with this? I need to get to bed so I am sorry about the mispelled words! Just love me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




25 comments:
Your family is so cute! I would never guess you had such a crazy day, you are always so organized and you are amazing at your calling and as a Mother! Keep up the good work.
Heidi, I loved your post. You are so dang cute! You are right, we are all laughing because it's not our kid. ;) Thanks for the good times.
It is always fun to hear that someone else has days that are crazy and hectic too. I know I could relate in more ways than one! I think it just makes us feel more normal when we know we are not alone. Sorry about your finger!!!! OUCH!
Crazy day! I've decided that my least favorite part of the week is Sunday morning. Jason has meetings and I'm on my own getting the two kids to church. There are usually tears shed from one of the three of us on our way to our 10:00 sacrament meeting.
Kenedy sounds like a character! She's so adorable! I hope you were able to get up at 5:00....yikes, that's early!
LOL!!! I loved reading this post. Yes, things are always funnier when it's not your kid, so thanks for the laugh and a little look into I should expect to be coming. Grace hasn't quite gotten to the Kenedy's level of mischief, but I am sure it's right around corner.
P.S. Doing a little girl's hair is always an adventure. For me it involves constantly giving Grace toys to play with and finally laying her on her back and kind of pinning her arms with my elbows while I tie her bow. My mom said she used to sit on my sister. Just a couple of ideas for future hair do episodes. :P
Come on having chewie lick kenny's bum was priceless.LOL
Think of how much fun we have as moms. Do you think we would have this much fun if our kids sat there with there arms folded? no way. Love ya
Oh, Heidi! I was laughing so hard! I hear ya at needing a project and then you love "watching" a sporting event with the cute hubby!
I just started working out at 5:30 am and my bedtime is not working out either. I think I might DIE! We shall see.
Did you ever get your finger under control? That sounds like something I would do. Try Hydrogen Pyroxide on all of the blood stained items. It has become a good friend of mine.
Tell Heidi congrats! That is so exciting!!! Also, I loved Kamie's comment. Life would be way too boring if our kids just sat there. Besides that, I find that if for some strange reason I am in a meeting by myself without kids to chase, I suddenly have ADD and can't focus anyways, so I might as well have an excuse, right? Thanks for the laughs!
I can totally relate to this--all except doing hair for girls. Benson only requires a little gel, but most of the time we don't have to do anything. Benson is also difficult in church, but he doesn't like nursery when he first gets there. I'm hoping someday I can drop him off without him crying. Sundays are crazy days!
This is the cutest post! I think we have all had days like this! Thanks for the good laugh and good luck with the getting up at 5:00!
i'd have to say that my sundays aren't like this! Maybe it is b/c i don't have a toddler. WE are pretty laid back around here. and taylor hangs out in her car seat during church...but she doesn't last all of church...but we have been lucky so far...
You said it! I think Sundays are maybe my least favorite day! But, I am not sure mine are as busy as yours! Good thing your so organized and on top of everything...(which makes the rest of us look bad! jk)
Sundays never really feel like a break to me. But I bet the snow didn't help your day out at all. My Sunday was running along the same lines and them we go a call the church was canceled. Which gave us extra time to shovel the driveway before we left for superbowl sunday.
Can I tell you that I am laughing so hard! I love that little girl! You always have such great stories to tell about her. I was laughing so hard! I agree with Kamie's post too. BTW, I think I need the recipe for the oreo balls
Heidi, it is so fun to read about your family, and nice to know that other people lead crazy lives like we do, while I was reading your post I kept thinking, "where was Mike during this whole adventure"? Jake has meetings on Sunday morning so I feel like I run around too! Heck you don't need to get up at 5:00 am to run, you get your whole week of cardio on Sundays!
Thanks for changing my page! It looks great!
That is the best thing I've read in a long time! I laughed so hard I almost peed! We also have days like that, most of which are Sundays. I can tell you that Kenedy is not naughty all the time in nursery. I know this because I spend the WHOLE time in their, my kid is the crier!! You choose, the naughty one or the screaming one???? It is funnier that it's not my kids this time:) It's nice to know we aren't the only ones who think, why bother?
Oh Heidi! I loved this one! I was laughing so hard! You are raising Kenedy wonderfully! Kami said it perfect- Parenting would be no fun if they were perfect angels all the time. These times are the ones we remember. It's nice to know what other parents go through too. I've got to give it to you for getting up early to work out. Tre will be 6 months old on Sunday and I've found time to work out twice! My sleep is much too precious and when you're a mom and wife it's hard to find time when everyone else is awake. I just need to get back in swim suit shape or I'm not getting on the boat this summer. :) It's amazing how gravity finds us as we get older, huh? No really- you look great! :)
Heidi, I am glad that you mentioned your latest post to me tonight. I loved reading it & I pictured everything you were writing about. Just remember that you guys ARE awesome parents & Kenedy is so darn cute! Hey, did you by any chance make it home with an extra blue w/red lid sippy cup tonight? Addie wanted me to drive over to your house tonight to see if you had it & after expaining to her ten times why I couldn't do that tonight she was finally content with me saying that I would ask you about it. I hope you have a nice relaxing day tomorrow.
Oh, that was soooo funny!!!!
I've been trying to read this for days and always get interrupted.
But... I laughed out loud at the poopy pants on the bed while the dog licked Kennedy's butt. SO FUNNY!
Oh, and what is WITH all the freaking church bags and why is it always MY job to pack them??? I seriously might do a post on the church bag situation. You've inspired me. Watch for it!
You're darling Heidi.
Heidi! I laughed out loud while reading this. Days like this make great stories later. Hey I got your christmas card in the mail today! It's sooo cute! I love it!
Yeah...I understand. This year we made it a goal to make it to church on time. I am proud to say that we are 3 for 4!! Huge progress! I found that right when I get up..even if it 7:00. I get ready for the day...we normally make it on time. I also get Maddy all ready after breakfast and just wait to do her hair right before we go. I know what you mean about "today we are going to be on time" It's so hard!
Hi there miss you all!!! The wards just not the same with out you!!!
I love you blog how did you design and customize it so much?
We are just starting our blog
http://katyandjake.blogspot.com/
Enjoy
Heidi, I read Kami's blog and always have to check yours too! I love to read it. It is so real, so fun, you are talented. It has been AGES since I've talked to you or seen you. It's fun to hear about all the things that are happening. But now I feel like a stalker. So to try to remedy that...here is my blog. http://thewrightadventures.blogspot.com/
Yep, it's me Joni from the circle. Oh and PS! My blog is absolutely boring but better then nothing.
Heidi,
I thought that was hysterical! I have to say I'm a little bit relieved that I'm not the only one that feels like my head is going to pop off on a Sunday morning, and thank heaven I have little boys and don't have to try to do hair in the morning...tying shoelaces is enough for me. I laughed and laughed that you drive to church!
I run early in the am, too if you ever need a partner.
I'm still learning about this whole blog thing...Jenell introduced me to it so it's not quite as cute as yours or anyone elses for that matter, but you can look at it if you'd like: steveandmaryellenmason.blogspot.com
Thanks for letting me know that I am not the only one to feel the way you did! It is comforting to know that we are not alone!
Post a Comment