Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Life With Kenedy & Thanksgiving

Kenedy's First Complete Sentence: (11/24/07)

"Heidi, I saw a dog!"
Yes she calls me Heidi! It is a new phase she is going through! It is Heidi and Daddy. Doesn't it sound like I am a step-mother or something? I hope this phase ends soon! I waited too long to be a mommy to be called Heidi! Ha Ha!

Kenedy's Obsessions:
Ho Ho Ho
Kenedy loves Santa Claus! Every time we are in the car she asks to watch Ho Ho (aka: The Santa Claus #2) She sits back and screams, "Ho, Ho! Yeah, ho ho! Oh, cute!" She is so funny. On Sunday we had Thanksgiving with my family because we had Thanksgiving with the in-laws on Thursday. After dinner we had FHE and kicked off the Christmas season. We made Gingerbread houses, read Christmas stories and sat on Santa's Lap. I thought Kenedy was going to be in heaven when she saw Santa, boy was I wrong! She just started crying and said, "I scared momma, I scared!"( Yes she does call me momma half the time). She buried her head into my shoulder and cried! It was so sad, however, I enjoyed the snuggle time. Kenedy is such a busy body that I don't get very much snuggle time. She did sit on Santa's lap, but not by choice of course. We tried to tell her it was Grandpa, but she didn't care she hated it! The next day she was walking around with the Santa hat in love with Santa again. She doesn't like the real thing, but she loves to make-believe, read about him in stories, watch movies, and play with stuffed Santa's. Hopefully she will get over her fear so that we can get a good pic of her on is lap this year! If not I will just enjoy the snuggles!

Today Kenedy and I went to the grocery store and while we were waiting in line to check out, a man with a black beard walked by and Kenedy said,"Momma, Ho Ho! Ho Ho! Ohhh Ho Ho!" I think the man was like what? I busted out laughing. It was so cute and a little embarrassing! I guess she hasn't noticed the Santa's beard is always white or maybe she is colored blind!

Babies
Kenedy loves babies! She loves to sit on my lap and we look through all the blogs with babies. If I don't go fast enough, she will say, "More babies, more!" Every time she sees a baby she says, "Ohhhh baby! Rocky, rocky, honey, honey!" It is so dang cute! Sometimes it is hard to keep her from mauling the babies! Mike's brother Scott just adopted a baby in September and his sister Rachel had one in July. Kenedy was in Heaven having two babies around all weekend! She will be a great big sister one day!

Below: Baby Kaylie and Baby Ben
We put our Christmas decorations up on Saturday and I have decided that I am probably going to be thrilled when I take them down because I am constantly trying to keep Kenedy out of everything. So after three trips to Time out, Kenedy and I walked around the house and I pointed out all the things she "CAN" touch. Will this work? probably not, but it made me feel better to say, "You can touch this and you can touch that." Versus: "No! Stop! Please don't! DO you want to go to time out?" I told her she could touch the baby Jesus'. She is so cute, she will pick one up and then get me one so we can rocky them together. She sings her rocking song and kisses the babies. Seriously, could she be any cuter?

Doggies
Everywhere we go Kendy can find a puppy! Sometimes it is the littlest picture and she still spots it. The other day she said, "Daddy, doggie pleeeease!" How can Mike resist that? He can't, but I can because I will be the one that has to take care of it! What a mean mom I am. I was feeling bad about my selfishness so I got her toy dog and tied a string around its neck and Kenedy takes it for walks. We even made a new game where we pretend we are puppies. We walk like them, talk like them, pant like them and even wiggle our tails like them. I really need to video Kenedy doing it. It is a must see! This new game gets us from the bathroom to the bedroom to get dressed, from the family room to the bedroom for bedtime and from the bedroom to the bathroom to do hair. This is alot more fun than chasing her around the house! On Thanksgiving the Hemmings brought their dog. Kenedy spent the first hour sitting by the window saying, "Ohhh doggie! Ohhh cute! Ruff, ruff!" We had to pull her away to take family pictures and she was not happy about it. The Thanksgiving vacation she spent looking at the dog or trying to escape outside with the dog, which she accomplished a few times. I was sick of washing muddy shoes by the time we left! I think Kenedy needs a dog! What do you think?

Thanksgiving:
This year we spent Thanksgiving with The Bird's on Thursday and then with the Webb's on Sunday. We traveled to the Speir's new home in Idaho for the Bird Family Thanksgiving. We ate lots and lots, played games, caught up, and laughed until our stomachs hurt. Speirs, your house is amazing! Thanks for letting us come and visit. On Sunday, with the Webb's, we ate some more, made gingerbread houses, and talked with Santa. Lots of FUN! Lots of FOOD! Best of All: LOTS OF FAMILY!




Adoption Update:Kenedy is such a joy in our lives! I Thank my Father in Heaven countless times throughout the day for the cute spirit he has sent to us. I can't wait to see what little spirit we get next! I am almost done with the paperwork and I will let everyone know when it is finished. I just have a few more things that I hope to get finished within the next couple of weeks! YEAH!

10 comments:

Jill said...

Those stories are so cute of Kenedy. She is such a cutie pie. It's hilarious she is fascinated with the idea of Santa, but not the real thing! Too funny. Tanner never got too scared. Kids are hilarious.
Your pictures are adorable. Looks like you had a great Tday!

jonna said...

Kenedy is going to love reading about herself when she grows up...keep it up! SOunds like you had a busy thanksgiving, but a good one. Family times are the best times!

Bench Family said...

I can tell what you've been doing this morning! Holy cow! I love it! I think I need to live by you guys again... ever think of moving this far?

Lindsey said...

I love reading about Kenedy's little adventures, so keep the stories coming. Grant also wants a dog so badly. "Grace needs a dog," he'll tell me. But I am with you on the fact that I will be the one to clean up after it. So don't feel bad, you are not alone on the dog topic.

L said...

I need to meet this little girl. What a doll! How old is she? I take a family Christmas pic every year and display them at Christmas time. When Zander was 9 months, he was absolutely hysterical in the pic with Santa. I love that picture! I think it might be cuter than the happy pictures and it always makes me laugh when I pull it out to hang up. Kids are the best and rarely leave a dull moment!

Montgomery Family said...

Sounds like you have been busy! I think it's so funny that Kenedy calls you Heidi. I'm sure she will grow out of it soon and you will be mommy again. My sister's daughter calls everyone mommy, even her husband!! Kids are so funny!!

Hollyween said...

She is so darling, Heidi!! You are such a great mom. I can just TELL. And you look absolutely gorgeous in all your pictures. You photogenic girl!!!!

The Hunzikers said...

Okay, I about died when I read about Kenedy calling you Heidi. That is sooo funny!! I love seeing pictures of her because she is such a doll and your family is just way too cute. You guys make me jealous! Anyway, we move in May/June and we will probably be living in a trailer home because the housing market in wy is TERRIBLE!!!

Lacey said...

I haven't taken Maddy to see Santa yet, but I'm really scared that she's going to freak out. All I want is one good picture, but I guess I'll take it even if it one of her screaming. I can't wait to gingerbread houses...Mads has been so sick that I haven't done anything yet. I love her bows...where did you get them? I'm always looking for something new!

Me said...

I am so glad to hear you are almost ready with your paperwork! I will pray for you!I loved the story about Kenedy and the collage page that you have to turn in. It is hard enough to do without having the computer being switched off in the middle!
Love
Christina