Monday, November 19, 2007

My Top Ten Gratitudes

Since Thanksgiving is in a couple of days, I thought it would be fun to make a list of my top ten gratitudes! When I was making this list, I had a hard time narrowing it down to ten! Isn't it great that we have so much to be thankful for?

#10 The Dust Buster
Without it, the chore of cleaning up after Kenedy's meals and snacks would be an all day project!



#9 Chips And Salsa
In Heidi world, every meal would begin with them!




#8 Good Friends
They make life so much fun!







#7 The Sacrifice of Adoption
It makes my life worth living! Thank you to all the sweet Birth mothers and their giving families. Placing a child not only effects the birth mom, but the aunts, uncle, cousins, grandmas, grandpas, etc. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!



#6 The Land Of The Free
We are so blessed to live in such a wonderful place! To live with so many Freedoms and to live without Fear! Thank you to all the the Men and Women that make this possible!




#5 My Family
My family is everything to me! There are always there for me and I love spending time with them! I have been blessed with an incredible family and amazing in-laws!





#4 Kathleen (Our Sweet Birth mom)
Without her, we would not have Kenedy. She is the most unselfish, giving person I know. She amazes me continuously! Every time I put my arms around her and tell her thank you, she puts her arms around me and says thank you back! I always ask, "Why are you thanking me?" Her response is, "Look how happy she is! You gave her what I couldn't!" She truly is an amazing person!

#3 My Two Best Friends: Kamie and My Mom
I can not imagine my life without these two wonderful women! They are there to listen to me laugh, cry and complain! Thank you!





#2 The Gospel
Where would I be without it? I love the gospel and the blessings I receive from it! I love knowing that I am stuck with the people I love best FOREVER!





And the #1 Gratitude is:
My Little Family
Mike and Kenedy are my world! Mike is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. He is an amazing father and husband! He is hardworking, smart, spiritual, and funny! I love you Babe! Kenedy is the joy of our lives! She definitely keeps us on our toes, but I wouldn't want it any other way! She is the sweetest little thing that has filled my hear with joy and my days with laughter and smiles! Kenedy, I love you more than life itself!

10 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love your list! It really made me think about my own list. Have a great Thanksgiving with all the Birds in Idaho Falls (Todd and Meisha told us). Maybe we'll see you there. We are heading to Idaho Falls tomorrow as well. See ya there!

Hollyween said...

Heidi, it's 7am and I'm already crying for the day! Thanks a lot! The birth mom pictures really get me. How's the adoption process going?

Also, you are such a beautiful girl! I want your hair! And I also want that shirt you're wearing in that picture with your friends. All of whom look familiar, by the way but I can't think of their names.

jonna said...

I got chills reading your list! I too agree. So many things we are blessed with...have a good thanksgiving...lets try to meet up afterwards...

L said...

I love Thanksgiving time and being able to think of EVERYTHING big and small to be grateful for. What a great list!

McMillan Family said...

I loved your post. I think we should all think of the things we are gratfull for this season.

Anonymous said...

Hey! This is Melissa Nutall(from High School). I ran across your blog and just wanted to say HI! You have a darling little girl, reading your blog made me cry and think of how grateful I am for my little family. Where are you guys living now? Still in Lehi? Anyways, you have a beautiful family. It was good to see pictures of you again! Hope life is good! Melissa Nuttall Christensen

The Peterson's said...

You have a lot to be thankful for! Any person should be thankful just because they know you!! I know I am!

Anonymous said...

Dear Heidi...
Good list of things there...great friends, huh?...great friends like who? I wasn't in the picture so I'm guessing that those friends are great to you, but disappoined you didn't have a spot for BEST FRIENDS...LOL...uh, apologies to anyone who reads this and IS in the picture...I'm sure you're nice people and all...GO TUIAANA'S!

Lacey said...

Great List! Kennedy is so much to be grateful for! How's the adoption process going?

Shauna said...

After reading your thankful list, I think that all of us are thankful to have you as our friend.