Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Count Down To HALLOWEEN!



Halloween Started Thursday night and went until Wednesday. We started it off with a family tradition called "Witchalena". Witchalena is when a witch visits and leaves clues for us to find a special treat every night with the help of the scriptures. This is the first year we did it with our little family and it was so much fun to watch Kenedy run from one place to the next to find her special treat! Friday we did Witchalena again. Saturday we went to the pumpkin walk. Sunday we had our Witchalena dinner, Witchalena FHE, and carved pumpkins with the Smith family. Monday we had our annual Halloween party at grandma's house. We ate yummy food, played games, decorated pumpkins, made caramel apples, and hung out with our family. Tuesday night we got vampire teeth from Witchalena and Kenedy thought it was so funny! She put them on the next day to scare her cousin, Trace. Mission accomplished, he told her to take them out because they were scary and she just laughed! Wednesday we went to the neighborhood Trunk - or - Treat, then to the Grandmas to Trick - or - Treat and get loves, and finally home to eat Applebee's and watch a scary movie! We are now recovering from stomach aches and looking forward to the next holiday, THANKSGIVING! We hope you all had a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

13 comments:

Jill said...

What a fun week of adventures. Cute pictures! Halloween is so fun. I can't wait for the next Holiday though. Even yummier!!

Lacey said...

What a cute idea...You'll have to tell me about this Witchalena and I'll do it with Maddy next year!

Lindsey said...

WOW!!! You guys had a really busy and fun filled week. I'm going to have to steal that Witchaleana idea. Love it!!! Kenedy is such a cute butterfly. Love the costume!!!!!

jonna said...

wow...i have never seen halloween be so productive. We have never been that big of halloween people..i am sure taylor will change all that. Sounds like a lot of fun. when are we getting together...what is your schedule like for next wednesday?

McMillan Family said...

Kenedy was so cute in her costume. I love the teeth. Trace wasscared of Tyler when he wore his dracula teeth. Tell Mike I love the hair.

Hollyween said...

I love love love all your costumes! You'll have to help me next year with mine. You guys are sooo creative! Where did you get Kenedy's? I might copy you and make Faith that next year. It was sooo cute! Thanks for the birthday wish!!! It was a great one!

Laura T said...

That's such a fun idea to keep Halloween going for longer than a day! Kenedy made such a cute butterfly :)

The Hunzikers said...

You have the cutest family. I love how they always do fun family things all the time. It makes me want to live closer to family and do more family things. I can't wait to see you guys Saturday. I can't wait to see Kenedy. I will probably call you Sat. morning to make sure I know where and how to get where we are going!! Talk to you soon!

Kyle, Tiffany, and Kaiden said...

I love the costumes! And all the cute pictures. Sounds like you had tons of fun. The pumpkin potato head was a cute idea. What a fun way for little kids to decorate. I think I'll have Kaiden do that next year.

The Peterson's said...

My Halloween was not nearly as fun. I had trouble with peanut and was on bed rest! It sounds like you had fun. Week long fun...What do you guys do for Thanksgiving and Christmas?

Bench Family said...

Holy Manoly! You really went all out this year. I need to get that Witchalena idea from you. I am still meaning to call you... maybe Sunday. Are you usually around on Sundays?

Troy, Brandy, and Boys said...

Too cute Heidi! You have got to have the cutest blog! I'll have to get in touch with you to see how you got the cute backgrounds. I'll call ya. I love that you introduced me to this! You are the sweetest!

Thanks for the blog comments! Troy says 'hello' back. Kennedy is adorable. I can't believe how big she is already. Time flies when you're having fun!

The Peterson's said...

No I am not still on bedrest. I just had to do that for a few day to get the bleeding to stop. Peanut and I both are doing fine! Thanks for asking.