Monday, October 27, 2008
Court Update
I promised several people I would let them know how court went today and I thought this would be the fastest way. Here it is: Things went well in court today, but we won't find out what the Judge's decision is until the 13th of November. The reason for this is the Birth father is claiming that there is some document out there that shows he registered to pay child support. Even if this document does exist, it is still not sufficient for what the law states. However the judge has given Rex and his lawyer two and half weeks to submit the paper. It's kind of frustrating, but our lawyer feels that as long as the judge takes everything under consideration then there will be no grounds for an appeal. Our lawyer did say that the judge agreed with us and that he feels as if we won today. So once all the paperwork is submitted we are hoping this nightmare will be over. Once again we appreciate all your support and prayers and ask that you continue to pray that on the 13th this will be finished. We love you all and will keep you posted with any new information!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




21 comments:
Im glad it went well, I cant believe we have to wait even longer! I think two weeks will fly by though. Love Ya.
We are so glad that court went ok. I know it is probably so emotionally draining. Keep your heads held high. Lincoln belongs with your family! We love you and you are always in our prayers!
So so happy for you Heid. We'll continue to remember you in our prayers!
It sounds as if nightmare is almost over! hang in there guys...all will be well. I'm sorry you have to wait 2 more weeks. You will still be in our prayers
We're praying for you! I can't imagine what a trial this has been for you. Hopefully it will be over soon and Lincoln will be yours forever! Let us know if you need ANYTHING. We love you guys!
You guys are in my prayers, Heidi!!!
I'm glad to hear some positive for you!
I am so happy to hear things are working out well. Thanks for keeping us posted. Good luck with the next few weeks. We will continue to keep you in our prayers.
Hopefully this will all be over soon. We all know where that little boy belongs and it is definitely with you and your cute family. Let me know if you need anything.
What a dope head (literally). I hope it's all over on the 13th at least you know things are looking in your favor! You guys are the best parents to those two little munch kins.
Oh man...I hope your nightmare ends soon!! I'm so sorry you have to endure this crap.
xoxo
GOOD! i am so relieved to hear that it went well...We are thinking about you tons! I am missing you and could so use a day of shopping with Heidi! Love ya!
We're so glad it went well! What a process. Glad you have an end in sight! Let us know if you need anything at all. We love you guys and look forward to the post where you announce it's done and official! We'll keep your sweet little family in our prayers!
As always, you're in my prayers. What a terrible ordeal to go through. I do believe you will come out victorious and even more blessed in the end. Hang in there.
I can't even imagine what you must be going through. I hope the best for you and will continue to pray for you. Pony Express still loves and misses you!
I will continue praying for you. I am so sorry. Thank you for the update. I have been thinking about you guys!
Our thoughts and prayer are with you. We hope that all works out so that Lincoln can be your forever!
That is good news! Little Lincoln deserves the best.
Aloha from Chicago...glad everything's going good Heidster...we sure miss you guys, and pray for your family always.
Thought I'd also let you know that they split our ward and we lost your old house along with both Funk families, Whittington's, Norwoods, Mendenhall's and Sandy. Our house was the cut off. We also lost Hutcheon's and everyone on the right of our house. Crazy how you wouldn't be in our ward right now anyway! We did get Akers, Sherwoods, and Pearson's back so we're happy. But we'll really miss the the "cirle" of friends from your coltasack (or however you spell that word).
Please call us to hangout soon
your favorite person, jt
Heidi I am glad it is almost over. I am sure the anticipation is the worst. We love you and keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Call me if you need anything
That is such a relief. Hopefully you can see the end in sight. Hope it is all over soon. Good luck!! Of course, you are in our prayers also.
Post a Comment