Monday, October 6, 2008

Just Kenedy

I have been the worst blogger lately. I keep thinking I am going to get better, but it is just not happening. I have started a catch-up post so I can catch-up since July and it is taking forever. This is why you should not get behind in blogging. I could just skip the last few months, but since this blog is for my birthmoms and for my journal, I'd better get the long post done! So while I am slaving away on my procrastinations, I thought I would give all something to read! Enjoy!

P.S. For those of you who have been wondering, our Birthfather filed an extension so we did not go to court on the 29th. Don't you think that if "your child" was growing up with some "complete strangers" and you are fighting to get him back, that you would want to hurry things up a bit? I should be getting a new date today. Hopefully it will be soon and we can just have this all over with! Lincoln turns six months this week and we should be taking him to court and the temple, but since a special man decided it was time to fight after he was already three months old, now we have to wait. Can you tell I am a bit irritated!

P.S.S These stories come from Kenedy's journal, so they are rough draft. Please excuse my grammar and punctuation. It is this or nothing folks! LOL!





"I'm Just a Baby!"

Kenedy can get a little rough with Lincoln. Most of the time she is just trying to play, but ends up hurting him. I am constantly saying,
"Careful Kenny! He is just a baby!"
Well today, I was curling her hair and she said,
"Don't burn me, ok mommy? I am just a baby!"
Kenedy you are too funny!




King Benjamin

A couple of weeks ago AJ and Carrera were in charge of family night. They did a role play of the story of King Benjamin. Aj dressed up like King Benjamin and got on my mom's roof to preach to us. Kenedy was so amazed by this. During scripture study she sat so still when we read about King Benjamin and all week she would tell me that she wanted to see the Kingdom (aka King Benjamin) again. So Friday night I told her that we have a prophet just like King Benjamin named Thomas S. Monson and that he would be speaking to us on the T.V. She was so excited and she said,
"Momma, he wave to me and say, "Hi Kenedy, Hi!"
When conference started on Saturday, I told her to come and listen to the Prophet. She came running in and had her eyes glued to the television. After about ten minutes, she said,
"Daddy, hurry the prophet is talking to us!"
Children are the best examples! I wish I had her enthusiasm!


Chesties

The other day Kenedy picked up my bra and put it on. We then had the following conversation:

Kenedy: "Mom, nook, I have chesties!"
Mom: "They are beautiful!"
Kenedy: "Yep!" (With the pressed mouth look)
Kenedy: "They are just like Belle's" (While touching her chesties)
Mom: Does Belle have Chesties?
Kenedy: "Yep. Where are your Chesties Mom?"
Mom: "Right here Kenedy "
Kenedy: Mom, I like your Chesties!"
Mom: Thanks Babe!"


This post is all about Kenedy, but I can't leave this little man out!

23 comments:

Carrera said...

i love the chesties story! haha. Your babies are beautiful! And dont worry about the paternity thing.. the Lord is on your side!
Oh and thanks so much for the Peach Dessert Recipe, my family LOVED it!!

Love ya

Wendy said...

She is such a cutie pie....I love the things kids say...no worries about if it's socially acceptable or not...they just tell it how it is.

McMillan Family said...

Your kids are so cute. I love that our kids are so close and they will be best buds.

Whitney Hawley said...

Ok I know she has to know where your chesties are... I love that! Sooo funny! Thanks for the court up date I have been checking your blog 3 times a day to see if there was anything about it!!! Also Lincon is growing up he looks so cute!!! You know I think Kenney is the cutest kid ever!!!

Cindi said...

I, too, am glad for the update. I was very confused when I saw Lindsey's blog and you were at the zoo last Monday. I just love toddlers. They say the best stuff.

-Still prayin' for you!

j nordfors said...

Thanks for the update, not that it's any of my business, but we pray for you guys all the time! Kenedy cracks me up!

Bench Family said...

How adorable is she. Ya gotta love these little ones.

I got the paper for my backgroung off of Shabby Princess. They just released it a couple days ago. I am loving it!

Sorry our conversation got cut short the other day. Bryn has been needing some TLC lately, or else I definitely pay for it. :) I'll call again soon.

Connie said...

Too funny! My kids call them feed-ums. Kids are so cute.

Hollyween said...

Those are about the cutest kiddos ever! I'm praying for you with the whole birth father business! How annoying about the extension. I've been checking like a madwoman for an update. I just know that little guy belongs to YOU guys. Stay strong. Stay faithful.

Jill said...

Good to hear from you and see pix. I can't believe Lincoln is almost 6 months. WOW. He is adorable. I'm so sorry you still have to deal with a mess. It is sooooooo irritating when birth dad's decide to be punks. AH!
Good luck! Sure do love you guys.

whitney williams said...

She is so cute Heidi! i hope all goes well with Lincoln...you guys are still in our prayers

Lindsey said...

LOL!!! The Kenedy stories are the best. I love what she said. I bet you spend your days just giggling at all of the cute things both of your kids say/do.

P.S. Good luck with the court case. We will keep you and your family in our prayers.

TIDWELLS said...

Hey you can cry on me with me at me or about me anytime you would like. you are in our thoughts and prayers and I hope this will all be over very soon... Cute update

Mikayla said...

I was laughing so hard during this update. Kennedy is such a little cutie, and as always she has to know everything...right? :) What a cute little family you have. I hope everything goes well with the court case. We will still, of course, keep you in our prayers. Give your family lots of love from me!!!

Kristy said...

Your kids sure are cute! I love the picture of Kenedy with her arms around Lincoln.

L said...

Way too cute! Love the stories...definately made me laugh! Your family is still in our prayers.

Carrera said...

okay where (and why) did you get 12 POUNDS of glitter?! of course you can steal it, they are super cute! I bought a set of glitter at walmart and just because it was martha stewart it was 24 dollars! it was ridiculous! did you get an awesome deal on yours or what?

Anonymous said...

I got tears hearing of her excitment over hearing the prophet! That is so great! What lucky kids they are to have you for a Mom! Our love and thoughts and prayers are with you! Lincoln is where he is supposed to be.
Love you
Aunt Bev

Jamie said...

Your kids are so cute!! What cute things kids say huh! We're praying for you... I hope everything turns out ok and you can move on stress free.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for having Sarah and the monsters stay over at your place!
Hope to hang out soon,
jt

Emily said...

It's good to hear an update on your kiddies. They are just too fun. Sorry you don't have better news yet. Hope that it just goes to further your cause. Good luck - you are still in my prayers.

Tom and Annie said...

Hey Heidi, YOur kids are so beautiful!! I heard about your crazy birthfather fro Erin the other day and I had to write and tell you how sorry I am!! We are praying for you that everything will be fine!! The lord loves and will help you through all of this. We should all get together sometime!!Keep me posted.
Love ya, Annie

Brittanny said...

Nothing beats the chesties story Heidi! She is just too funny and lincoln is just too sweet. Nothing makes a day more livable than your sweet kids saying something to make it all better. All Aaron has to do to take back his trouble making is to say I love you...and his is all-forgiven. I imagine that might be how you feel about Kenedy sometimes. I am glad you write the funny things she says!