Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Drumroll Please. . . .

This little girl would like to publicly announce that as of, 10:45 pm on the 8th of April,

she is a big sister. . .

To this little guy!


Lincoln Michael Bird

7 lbs. 4 oz

19 1/2 inches long
This Mommy. . . . .
And this Daddy. . . . . .

Could not be more happy and in love with this little guy! WELCOME Lincoln!

The newest member of the Bird Family came so quick to a huge family that is already hopelessly in love with him! Here is a short version of how this little man found us:

Sunday, March 30th, we received a call from our sweet sister Erica asking us to send our adoption profile to her. Erica knows the sister of our Sweet Birthmom, Brittany. By Friday, April 4th, we were on the phone with Brittany being informed that she was due Thursday April 10th and that she was thinking of placing this sweet miracle with us. Monday April 7th, we met with Brittany at the hospital as she was starting the longest LABOR of her life! That brings us to tonight where after hours of Labor and 2hours of pushing, Lincoln was born at 10:45 pm. And yes, I got to witness Lincoln be born! What a blessing in my life to have had the chance to see one of our children be born, but now two? We are so blessed!! I really thought that Kenedy would be the only child I would ever see be born, but sweet Brittany invited me to be there as Lincoln entered the world! Thank you Brittany, you will never know how much that meant to me! We Love you so much!

Brittany is such a miracle in our life! We can not comprehend the emotions, pain, and love of growing a baby for nine months, having that long delivery, and then looking into the face of that beautiful baby boy knowing that you will place this baby into the arms of another mother and father. What courage and love this action takes! I can't say I am courageous enough to do this, but I am so grateful to our two wonderful birthmoms that have the courage to do this so that Mike and I can raise a family! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

To all Birthmoms out there, words can not express our the gratitude and love that we have for each of you!

Adoption is such a blessing and a MIRACLE in our life!

If all goes well, we should be bringing Lincoln home on Thursday! Please keep us and our Sweet Birthmother in your prayers! We will post information and more pictures as soon as things evolve! Thanks to all our family and friends who have been so willing to help us get things ready for this baby to come into our home and into our lives!

58 comments:

Wendy said...

YEAH!!! Congratulations!!!! That is the best news I have heard in a long time. Sometimes it happens fast...better that way so you don't have to think & worry about it for too long!!! You mentioned the call last Thursday to me, I can't believe he is already hear, and he is yours!!! That is awesome you were able to be there for the birth! What a precious little guy. His name is adorable!!! Congrats, Congrats!!!

The Hunzikers said...

OH MY WORD!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I thought your news was going to be that you would be getting a baby, but I didn't think it was going to be RIGHT NOW!!!! That is soooo exciting! He is adorable! I can't wait to meet him in person!

Lindsey said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you guys. And to have the baby come 2 days early, what a crazy week you guys have had. From the look of things, it appears that you got everything worked out? I can't wait to see more pictures and hear more stores. Let us know when you wouldn't mind having visitors, because I am going to have to see this baby. Good luck!

L said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh! I am so beyond happy for you guys. I just cried as I read the news. Congrats, congrats! He is adorable and I love the name. What a cute family! Enjoy the infant stage, it goes so quick as you know.

jonna said...

WHAT??!! That happened so fast...so happy for you guys...and a boy!!! yeah, I can't wait to meet him. You guys are so lucky and deserve it! Your little family is getting so big! Love it! Keep us update!!!

McMillan Family said...

Heidi and Mike he is so cute.
I am so excited our boys are going to have so much fun. I love you guys congrats

Amy said...

Congrats you guys. That is absolutely wonderful! He is such a cute baby!!!

Fugal Family said...

Heidi,
Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your family. What a sweet blessing! What a sacrifice for the birth mother. Little Lincoln is so lucky to be blessed with such a great family. Thanks for sharing!
Stephanie Fugal

Carrera said...

THATS MY NEPHEW!!!! I am crying at my computer! I love you guys so much, and couldn't be more happy for you. I can't wait to see him! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Heidi, Mike, and Kenedy! He is a beautiful little guy! I too have tears rolling down my face reading your sweet blog! What a lucky little guy he is to have such a great family!We love you all so much! We can't wait to me our new great Nephew!
Love
Aunt Bev

gilliay said...

Mike and Heidi,
I check your blog occasionally but haven't ever commented. I just have to say what a beautiful blessing Little Lincoln is! And his sweet Birth Mother. It's a miracle (as all babies are) how he came into your life. Thank you for sharing it and congratulations.

(LHS 99)

Mikayla said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you Mike, and Kenedy! He is such a little cutie! I can't wait to see more picures of him!!!! Congrats, Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Heidi, Mike, Kenedy and baby Lincoln!!

We are so happy and excited for you and your beautiful little family! Everyone looks wonderful and Heidi, you are amazing! How did you get this blog together after just having a baby?!! How many more presidents do you need to reach Bush, you patriotic people!!! We love you and miss you and Congratulations!

Ronnie and Krista

Julie Bird said...

I've been wanting to call you every 10 minutes or so...but I thought I'd better let you enjoy these first moments with your growing family :) We are so happy for you!! I'm so glad he made it here safe after such a long hard labor. We can't wait to see him in May!! Welcome to the Family Lincoln!

Connie said...

Congratualations! I am so happy for you. He is adorable. Kenedy will love being a big sister! I know how much you wanted another baby, I'm sure you are so excited. Now you can join me in the halls/mother's room at church! Let me know when I can come see him!

Anonymous said...

Heidi Ho
Yeah!!! I'm so excited to be a grandma again. There is nothing better than a new baby. I can't wait to kiss his cute face. He is beautiful and we are eternally grateful to Britney. We love you and Mike so much what great parents you are. I can't quit crying, but I'm sooooooo happy!!! Kenny is going to make a fun big sister and a big helper. We love Kenny so much and she is such a blessing in our lives. Thanks thanks thanks for these beautiful kids. See ya soon.
mom

Emily said...

This is so great! We are very happy for you. There couldn't be more deserving parents. What a precious gift. And, of course, I love the name Lincoln. Congrats to you all!

Curt, Kirsten and Kids said...

Yea!!! Congratulations you guys. He is so cute and I know you've been waiting for this. I am so happy for you and know that you will be just wonderful parents to him just like you are to Kenedy. We love you. Curt and Kirsten and the kids!

The Cooper's said...

WOW. I cried! I am so excited and happy for your little family. He is so lucky to have you guys! And I love his cute name! Congrat's!!!!

Tami said...

What a blessing~I am so very happy for you all! Congrats! ♥Tami & Family

Jill said...

Congrats, I am so happy for you! I love your post, I cried the whole time I read it. You are such a sweet person and the birthmom could not have picked a better home for her baby. Please let me know if you need anything.

Mary Ellen said...

Congratulations Heidi...What a wonderful experience! I hope all goes well and that you find your little boy to be healthy and well. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

The Smiths said...

yeah!! i'm so exited for you guys! i know that these kind of blessings happen to people who deserve them and that is defenitely you guys! well as you know i'm strap to my couch until our baby comes but as soon as that happens we are soooo going to be there. We love you guys, take care and congratulations!

Brooke Grover said...

Heidi and Mike, this is Britney's sister Brooke. I just wanted to thank you for being the wonderful people you are and for all you went through to get little Lincoln. I have heard so many great things about you and Britney really enjoyed your company. I know you are great parents and I am so glad you where able to adopt Lincoln. It has been so hard for me to cope with losing my nephew but I know he is in good hands, and everything happens for a reason. Lincoln needed to come down to this earth to be with you! I am so grateful for you both! Have so much fun and Congrats! We all love you so much!

P.S. I hope you don't mind that I am writing on your blog :)
With love,
Brooke Grover

Hollyween said...

Heidi!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am beyond excited for you! I saw your post and was like, "what??!!" YAY!!!!

He is so beautiful. Congratulations! I can't wait to hear more about it and I will definitely keep both families in our prayers. What a wonderful birthmom to allow you in the room. Words can't express. She is truly amazing.

Jill said...

Heidi!
I can not believe it!!!!!!! Wow...that happened so fast. I am so dang happy for you I can't stand it. When you have time I would love to hear more details if you will email me!! luckiestgirlalive@hotmail.com.
He is beautiful. I am so excited for you guys. It sounds like it all went smoothly too and so well. What a blessing. I can't wait to see more pix. What an adorable family!!!!!
xoxo

the kings said...

Mike and Heidi -
Congratulations on the beautiful addition to your family! What an amazing experience for you all. Best of luck with everything! We are so happy for you!
- Ty, Kelly and family

Kristy said...

That is so amazing! I am so happy for you! What a wonderful person Brittany is.

Todd and Meisha said...

I'm so happy for your family!! I can't wait to hold little Lincoln. The Bird name will carry on with this little boy. I love you guys and will be talking to you soon!

Lacey said...

Congrats!!!! I'm so excited for you!!! I can't wait to see him! He's adorable...oh Heidi we need to get together for a "show and tell". I'm excited for the pictures to come.

Nathan and Lesly said...

Congrats! I had looked at your adoption web site and it hung in the back of my mind since then. I don't know you very well yet, and I am so happy for you guys.

Bench Family said...

Ahhhh! I am so excited for you guys! What an awesome family this perfect little boy has come in to. We love you guys so much.

Kim said...

Congratulations Heidi and Mike!! I can't believe how fast that all came together for you! That is wonderful news of a new addition to your sweet family. I am so very very happy for you!! XOXO

Jylaire said...

I am totally crying reading this! What an amazing experience you all are having! He's such a beautiful baby boy! You'll LOVE having a boy. There's just something about a little boy and their mommy! I love that you were able to be there for the birth. What an honor to know that someone loves their baby enough, and trusts you enough to let you raise them. That says a lot about you guys! Congrats!

Brittanny said...

Heidi...you will probably have a million emails to read when you get to the computer...late nights again for you...but wow! What a blessing! Thanks for calling me tues...I wish I could have talked to you on the phone! I am so happy for you...and you must know that there are going to be so many people who are just so excited for you! Congrats...and I love you and your sweet family. And...I am always willing to do anything for you...starting with dinner on Friday...so expect it!

Jamie said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I could not pick better parents myself for this sweet little boy!

Montgomery Family said...

Congrats Heidi and family! What a sweet blessing! I'm so excited for you. I won't be the only one posting pictures of my newborn! Can't wait to see more pics!

Troy, Brandy, and Boys said...

Yeah! Congrats Heidi, Mike, Kenedy and baby Lincoln! We're so happy for you guys! What a great post! I couldn't stop crying. Heidi, you always say you are eternally grateful for such wonderful birth moms~ I'm sure they eternally grateful that there are such wonderful parents like you and Mike to give these little babies everything they could ever dream of. He is adorable! Kenedy is going to be an awesome big sis and what great timing with Kami's baby boy! Enjoy your time with him! They grow so fast!!

TIDWELLS said...

Yeah and congratulations I am so happy and excited for you all. Please let me know if I can help or do anything. We will keep you all in our prayers.

condiefamily said...

Perfect! Absoultely Perfect! We are thrilled for your family and for baby Lincoln! We have a very special place in our hearts for adoption since a majority of the Curtis' cousins are adopted -him included. What a miracle!

Anonymous said...

Heidi, Mike, and Kenedy-
I was so excited for you when I got your email and I was hoping you were announcing the arrival of a new baby!! Congratulations! Lincoln is adorable and you are such a sweet family. I am so happy for you and your new blessing in your life. Love, Missie

Speirs Family said...

Mike and Heidi we are so excited for you guys. We can't believe all that has happened in the past week. What a blessing!!! We are going to stop on our way back from SLC on Saturday. Two great reasons with that also being Mikes Birthday. It'll be after 7:00 pm, so we'll call first.
Again, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Christal said...

You don't know me and I'm not sure how I even ran into your blog anymore. But CONGRATULATIONS it made me cry my three children are adopted so I know your joy and excitment our daughter was born 2 weeks after we found out!! How fast and exciting wow!! He is so cute!! I'm just so happy for you and I don't even know you!! It's so wonderful that you can be there for both childrens births we haven't had that oppurtunity but what a blessing adoption is!!! ttyl good luck on all that follows paperwork and all that fun.

Bridgette said...

Congrats! I am so so happy for you guys.

Kyle, Tiffany, and Kaiden said...

Congratulations!!! How fun to have a boy now. Lots to get now I guess. Now I guess it's our turn huh?

The Freestones said...

Happy day!! We are so excited for you. He is soooo beautiful. This is very near and dear to our hearts and to see your family blessed yet again by adoption is so wonderful. We share in your joy and are so thirilled for your growing family. Thanks for your support along the way it's been great to have you to talk to. I'm glad that you were able to feel at peace. Yay!!! Lots of love and a huge congratulations.

MelissaC said...

Hey Heidi it's Melissa Nuttall again! Congrats! We are so happy for you guys. Lincoln is so lucky to have you two for parents. You amaze me. Thank you for the good cry and for helping me step back and recognize all of my blessings in life. You are such an amazing women! Congrats again, and we can't wait to see more pictures.

Carrie and Jeff said...

Wow--congrats! I love the name Lincoln. You must love the US presidents! We thought about naming Owen after a LDS President (like we did Benson)---but Owen just fit. I'm so excited for you. That was fast. That would take a lot of courage to give up your baby---bless those birth moms! I'm so happy for you guys!

Anonymous said...

WOW, what a blessing! I couldn't help but get emotional reading the story. I've been on both sides of adoption and I have to tell you I am always so thankful to have the family I do, I couldn't imagine being with anyone else. You guys are wonderful people and fabulous parents! I am so happy that you received another beautiful baby, enjoy every second!

The Peterson's said...

That is the best news!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am very excited for you. Wow, that was fast how did you get ready in time. I have had 8 months notice and am still not ready! He is cute!!

Allison said...

I AM SOO EXCITED FOR YOU GOYS----WHAT A WONDERFUL SURPRISE FOR YOUR FAMILY!! I haven't been able to do my usual blog reading and I got to yours and what a fantastic event, I just got so emotional reading it-what a blessing for your family, and the fact that you got to see him born! Adoption is an amazing process, I just can't wait for more updates! CONGRATULATIONS, I AM SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

THE RAINES FAMILY said...

Wow! Congratulations! I'm so incredibly happy for you guys. Now you have a girl and a boy. I can't wait to see tons more pictures.

Mel and the boys said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris said...

Congratulations! I couldn't believe the news when I looked at your blog. That is so exciting... It is amazing how our prayers can be answered. You and your family deserve every blessing you receive. Lincoln in adorable and Kennedy too of course. I am just so happy for you, I started crying when I read your page. I'm sure life is busy, but I missed the last little get together... I would love to see you sometime.

Joni said...

Your post made me cry. I'm so excited for you and your growing family.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for all of you. What a blessing. He is one lucky little guy! Have fun and enjoy! I miss you tons and hope to see you soon!

AJ said...

Heidi, I am so incredibly happy for you and your family. What a cute name you picked. We had a baby boy the same week you did. We can be sleepless together! I don't mind the late nights, it's my favorite snuggle quiet time. Good Luck!

Heidi said...

Heidi, he is beautiful!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I bet life is CRAZY for you right now!!! i'LL BE THINKING OF YOU AND I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET LINCOLN!