Thursday, April 24, 2008

Close to Heaven

April 6, 1922 - April 22, 2008
My sweet Grandma Moss returned home to our loving Heavenly Father on Tuesday. This was a bitter sweet moment for our family. She has been sick for some time and we are glad to know that she is out of pain, but we will miss her so much! The last couple of weeks I have felt heaven so close with the little Lincoln being born and Grandma heading home! I am so grateful at this time for the Plan of Salvation and the comfort it brings in sad times like these! Grandma we love you and we now that you are jumping, laughing, dancing, telling stories, and preaching to people on the other side!
Grandma I will miss your amazing stories! I have never met anyone who can tell stories the way you did! I loved going into stores with you and watching as you interacted with everyone. We would always laugh and say that you had a best friend at every store in Ogden and in every state of the U.S.
I will miss having you with us at our annual Halloween party, Christmas morning, Thanksgiving, Easter, etc. I will miss Introducing my children to you as they enter our family! I will miss playing Yahtzee and Encore with you! I will miss your listening ear and the great empathy that you have for everyone!

I will miss having my children sit on your lap as you sing to them and tell them your fun stories. I told Kenedy on Tuesday that Grandma Moss went to live with Heavenly Father and that she was all better. Kenedy replied, "Yeah, Grandma Moss is all better!" She prayed every night that Grandma Moss would get better, she was thrilled. As the day went on, everyone we spoke to that day, she had to tell them how happy she was that Grandma Moss was better! I wish I had the innocence and Faith of child! Kenedy is such a great example to me. I am so happy that Grandma is better, but I am saddened that we are done making memories! I will truly miss you Grandma! I hope to become half the women that you were!

18 comments:

Troy, Brandy, and Boys said...

Heidi,
I'm so sorry! I love the pictures you've posted and I'm so happy that she was able to meet little Lincoln before she returned to our heavenly father. She was truly a great woman and I am so thankful to be a part of her wonderful family!

The Hunzikers said...

I'm sorry about your grandma. I loved your post, it was such a nice tribute. She is clearly a big part of the reason you have such an amazing family!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry! It is good to know they are in a better place! You are the cutest little runner! I'm like "that girl is so cute! All ready! And dressed in a cute jogging outfit!". And it was you! Anyways! Sorry again about your grandma! You are so sweet!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi
What a beautiful tribute to my Mom! She was everything you said and more! I will never forget how agitated she was and when Lincoln was laid in her arms, She calmed right down! She loved babies! I too hope to be just like her! Thanks for all the beautiful pictures! I love you
Aunt Bev

Allison said...

I'm so sorry Heidi, your post was so sweet and you could tell that you adored your Grandma. My Grandpa passed away last week, and it really is true that the blessings of the Gospel are a relief to us at times like this!

Lindsey said...

I am so sorry, Heidi. What an amazing woman. I am so glad that you have such great memories of her. I totally agree. The Plan of Salvation is truly one of the greatest blessings we have.

Julie Bird said...

You put it so perfectly. No ones blog makes me cry like yours does. I'm so sorry for your loss, and happy for her to be all better! What a perfect way of looking at it. We love you guys so much, and miss you! Can't wait to see you soon at the family reunion! Little Lincoln is adorable...I just want to cuddle him!

Shauna said...

Heidi,
It brought tears to my eyes to read this post. I know how much you loved your grandma. Whenever you would tell me about her there was such love & admiration in her voice. I am so glad that she was able to meet Lincoln. At times I get sad to think my dear grandmother wasn't able to meet either one of my daughters, but then I realize that she met them in heaven before they came to earth & that they are now watching over & protecting them. I miss you & think of you & your family often.

Todd and Meisha said...

Look at how blessed you are that you got a picture of Lincoln with your grandma before she passed on. I cried for your grandpa while reading your blog. I hope that he will feel comforted during this time, as well as your family.

Anonymous said...

Heidi ho!
Thanks for your tribute to mom she was all you said and more. She was always my best friend. How blest we are to have had her in our lives. Thanks for always loving her and treating her so kindly. I know you loved her so much and she truly loved you. I'm so happy she is full of life again, but what a void she leaves. I will really miss her cute smiling face I love her so. Thanks again my cute daughter and friend. Where would I be with out you. You are such a joy to me and such a wonderful little mom. love you much mom!

Anonymous said...

Heidster,
We're sorry to hear about your grandma. She was so nice. I remember she even laughed at a few of my bad jokes! Please give our best wishes to the family from us.
We miss you guys so much! I hope you got the delivery on the front door step.
Much love,
The Tuiaana's

The Peterson's said...

It is wonderful to hear that you have so many memories with your grandma. These are wonderful stories will help her live on as you tell them to your children! I am sorry for your loss!

TIDWELLS said...

Heidi we are so sorry for your family's loss. Let us know if there is anything you need.

Lacey said...

I'm so sorry Heidi. She looks like an amazing grandma.

Lacey said...

Don't you love the new kits from Shabby. Had to buy them too...last week, but haven't done anything yet. CUTE!

Breeana said...

Hey Heidi I wanted to comment on your blog and invite you to view mine but i forgot your e-mail. It was good to see you, not under great circumstances but I am so happy that she is out of her pain. Now we just need to deal with the pain of having her gone! anyway, love your blog.

The Birds said...

Becky, my email is heidibird22@yahoo.com. Kamie wants to be invited also, her email is brianmc30@comcast.net. We can't wait to see your cute blog! YEAH!

Brittanny said...

heidi...thanks for sharing such a sweet post with us...I really loved the Halloween picture...and cried at the last one. I am quite close to my grandma...and I know it will be hard for me to loose such a sweet influence for good when she passes. But, as you told Kennedy, she is in heaven with heavenly father...and will watch over her and love her in a very real and special way. I am sorry for your time of saddness...and give my regards to your mom.