Friday, April 11, 2008

Lincoln is Home!

We got to bring Lincoln home today! Yeah! The original plan was to bring him home on Thursday, but the Little guy had to stay an extra day due to Jaundice. So after Mike and I signed a ton of papers we headed up to the hospital to hang out with our new little son while he laid out under the lights. It was so cute, he looked like he was in a tanning bed, he had little sunglasses and everything. (I will post pictures of that later, they are on a disposable camera. I forgot the camera the day we signed our papers. I don't how I did that, I didn't have anything on my mind! LOL)

Kenedy is having so much fun with her new little brother. A few days ago she told us that she didn't want a brother, just a puppy. Today she says she loves her little brother. If anyone asks her if they can have him, she says, "No, he's mine!" I really hope she continues to feel this way. I know it will be an adjustment for her, but for now she seems to enjoy it.

We gave Lincoln his first bath (at home) today. He hated it! Kenedy got so upset because he was so upset. She kept saying, "No Mama!" I think she thought I was hurting him because he was crying so hard! It will be nice when he can take a real bath. Babies hate the sponge baths! Do you blame them? I would hate being wiped down with a washcloth, it is freezing!
Lincoln is such a good little baby, I hope things stay that way! He eats very well and sleeps really well! He only cries when he is hungry or being changed. He is a snugly little boy! He loves to lay his head on my shoulder and just cuddle up! I think I even love it more than he does! I love babies! I love the way they smell, cry, sleep, hold their little mouths, and look around at everything! I just love every second with babies! I love little Lincoln so much! He is such a miracle and I am eternally grateful to Brittany!
Here are a bunch of pics, from the last couple days, minus the ones on the disposable camera!

39 comments:

Jill said...

Thank you so much for sharing your special experience with us. I am so happy for your family. What a lucky little boy to come into your family.

Kim said...

Congratulations again Heidi! I have been SO anxious to hear from you because you never know with these things if they really go through or not. I am glad all is well. Those pictures of Kenedy and Lincoln together are so adorable. He is so cute!! I am so happy for you guys!

Wendy said...

He is so beautiful!! Congratulations!!

Hollyween said...

Heidi, I am sitting at my computer bawling my eyes out and I'm not kidding. Brittany is such an amazing person for bringing a new life into your family with her unselfishness. I think both of you will be truly blessed.

Lincoln is a gorgeous little baby and the pictures of he and Kennedy are so beautiful.

I can't wait to hear more of the story!! What a lucky baby and a lucky mamma!

Mikayla said...

He is so precious! I love all the pictures with him and Kenedy! She is probably loving it! I can't wait to hear more about him and the family!

Lindsey said...

What a cutie!!! Heidi, I am so happy for you guys, and Kenedy seems like the best big sister. I am thinking that Jonna and I will have to come for a visit. I'll give you a call or send off an email to see when you wouldn't mind having some visitors. I can't wait to see this baby in person. Good luck with everything! You are the sweetest mommy!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Heidi! What sweet pictures of your new little one. What an exciting time. I'm excited to see future pictures of your new addition. Good luck in the weeks ahead!!

Anonymous said...

Words can't tell you how happy we are to read about this. Congrats and much love to you guys. You both are such good people. It's been such a blessing to have you as friends. Much love to Mike, you lucky sucker, for getting a boy!
Man, that's so awesome...
Take Care, you 4 Birds,
-jt

jonna said...

yeah for your little family! so fun! Kenedy looks like she is loving it! Let me know when you are up for visitors...we would love to come see your new addition!!!

McMillan Family said...

Heidi he is beautiful and I have loved coming over and cuddling up with him. You forget how little they are. Kenedy is so cute with him. I want copies of the pics with the boys. love you guys.

The Hunzikers said...

Yay! Thanks for the updates!!! He's adorable. I love the pictures of Lincoln and Kenedy. I need to see you before I move, but I know you're crazy busy now. Let me know!

Laura T said...

I have to add my congratulations to the others- how he came into your family is such a blessing! I'm glad he's home and all is well. Kenedy is definitely turning into the protective big sis!

Jill said...

I am just so excited for you! I can't believe how fast that all happened. What a miracle!!!!!!! He is precious.

Jon & Kim said...

Dear Bird family I am Kim.... Nicole Tidwells little sis. She has told me all about you and your cute family. My husband Jon and I have also adopted our two boys. What a blessing they are! I saw your blog on my sisters and just wanted to say congrats!I was so happy to see that he is home. It is an amazing feeling when that second one comes along....it feels complete. Any way I don't mean to pry I just wanted to tell you how happy I am for you. You are a darling family!

Mel and the boys said...

What am amazing story. Lincoln is so precious. As I read his story I got chills! Adoptions are nothing short of miracles, they change the lives of families forever. He is once lucky little guy to be able to come into such a loving home and family. This is surprising and wonderful news! I'm so happy for you.

JANEAL said...

Jill told me about your blog. Congratulations on your new little guy...he's absolutely adorable! That is so great that it all happened so fast and that you didn't have to wait long. We too have adopted (our son just turned 3) and have had our papers in for about 6 weeks now. Adoption is such a blessing and a miracle! Feel free to visit my blog if you'd like tysonandjaneal.blogspot.com
Congratulations again!

Ashley Hardison said...

I am so excited for you! I am glad that you shared your story with us, how amazing for your birthmom to have that courage. She must know that you and Mike are amazing parents and that he will be taken care of with such love and care. I need to come see him. Let me know when you are comfortable to have people around. If you need help with Kenedy let me know.

Curt, Kirsten and Kids said...

Ooooh Heidi....could he be cuter? I get little tears in my eyes when I think of how loved that little baby boy is. I know that you are so happy and I couldn't be happier for you and Mike and little Kenedy. Congratulations again. What a cutie!

Kirsten

Bryan & Sarah said...

Heidi!!!! I am SOOOOOOOO excited and happy for you guys! I haven't checked your blog for a few weeks and I was thrilled to see you have a new baby!!! He is so beautiful!!!

Nate and Janie said...

Congratulations Heidi and Mike! I am so happy for you guys and what a cute little guy you have! Good luck in the next little while!!!

Becky said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting.

Anonymous said...

Heidi and Mike! I am so happy for your family!! I had no idea, that is so neat! That is such a blessing! Congratulations!! You are such a cute family!

The Peterson's said...

It must be so nice to be home with your new addition. Kennedy is going to be the best big sister ever! CONGRATS!!

Jamie Reese said...

Heidi,
I am so happy for you and your family. Lincoln (love the name) is perfect. Congratulations! Our little babies are only 6 weeks apart...maybe they can be friends!

Clarke and Kamie said...

oh I am so thrilled for you guys. He is beautiful. I am so happy for you guys! Enjoy every second.

The Wanner Family said...

I had no idea you were getting a new little one. Congratulations! That is so amazing. I got tears in my eyes as I was reading your blog. Good luck with everything and keep the pictures coming. He is so cute.

TIDWELLS said...

Heidi I am sorry it has taken me this long to comment. I have checked in on your blog to see how all is going. He is so addorably cute. I am so happy for all of you and please let me know if there is anything I can help with.

erin said...

Congratulations!
All of your pictures are so sweet. Boys are so much fun.

shelly said...

We are so happy for your family! My Mom told me the story as it was unfolding and what a miracle. I love the name Lincoln, we almost named the 4 year old we are adopting Lincoln but changed it to Jonah at the last minute. This baby has won the lottery, you are an amazing mother and what an incredible extended family as well. Best of luck to you, Mike and Kennedy as you adjust to your new life together.

Shelly (Davis) Stewart

Lacey said...

Heidi!!! I love the yawn picture. Baby yawns are my favorite. That's probably why I always frame them. Congrats again!! I'm so happy for you!

Brittanny said...

heidi...I am still waiting to come see him! I am hoping to come over today...and like I warned you...I am going to just pull off those socks first and kiss those little baby feet! I love baby feet!

Melissa said...

You don't even know who I am but I actually graduated from Layton High the same year as Mike. I just wanted to say congratulations on your adoption. We have a two year old son that we adopted and are in the process of maybe adopting another son, so we know what a wonderful experience you just went through. It is the most amazing experience in the world. Good luck with your new little guy!
-Melissa (Johnson) Newbold

Shauna said...

I keep looking at Lincoln's pictures & I can't help but smile. He is so precious & adorable & such a beautiful baby. And I love the picture of cute little Kenedy holding her new baby brother. I am so happy for you guys. I told Addie the exciting news & she said, "Kenedy got a baby brother?" She couldn't stop smiling. We love ya & miss ya!

The Freestones said...

Hey Heidi, thanks for having us over we had a really fun time. Your baby is gorgeous, not to mention Kenedy. It was fun to see Kammi and her adorable family.Your mom is as always so sweet. My mom had no idea that you got Lincoln. She said of yay, tell her were so happy for them. Anyway can't wait to do it again. Love you, colette

The Cooper's said...

I am just thrilled for your cute little family! Lincoln is a babe and he is so lucky to have you as a mom! Good luck in the next little bit...take a nap whenever you can! :)

Lacey said...

Omigoodness...CONGRATULATIONS you guys! I am so completely happy for you and know that this little guy is so blessed to have come to your loving family. YEA! He is beautiful and Kenedy is such a good big sister! It is an adjustment, but a fast one and they will be fast friends. The bond of siblings is amazing! Anyway, I am so glad to hear you are doing well and once again, I am so very happy for you. :)

erin said...

Heidi-

What is your email address? The one I have keeps coming back saying it doesn't work?

Erin (ashlee's sis)

The Birds said...

heidibird22@yahoo.com. Thanks Erin!

Hales Family said...

Congratulations! That is so awesome you were able to get such a adorable little boy. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I haven't seen yours. Your kids are adorable! Oh and by the way, yes we remember you.