Well we got the Judge's decision today, we lost. This just means that the judge did not throw the Birthfather's case out; we are not loosing Lincoln. We are appealing the Judge's decision and are currently waiting for a new court date. From what my Lawyer says, it will be 3-7 months before we can get back into the court room. If we loose the appeal then we will actually go to a custody battle. We are hoping we never make it there. Today has been a rough day, we were hoping we would be celebrating. I guess that are celebrating will have to come a little later. I feel sad, angry, confused, and scared. I know my Father in Heaven is mindful of us at this time, I feel his comfort. I know trials make us stronger and I am grateful to be strengthened. At this time I want to ask our family and friends again for your prayers. Your prayers and support have already brought such comfort and we are so grateful to have such amazing people in our life! The way I make it through trials is by thinking of everything I have to be grateful for. So if you are bored of reading the update, it is over and my "therapy" is starting. This is a good time of year for this anyway!
I am Grateful for:
1. My Sweet Husband He is so mellow and sweet. He goes to work everyday so that I can raise our children. He never complains. He is content, hardworking, helpful and a great father. He calms me down when I am freaking out. He only freaks out over things that are extremely important. I love to see him get passionate over the things that are important to him! He loves his family so much and we love him!
2. My Kenedy She keeps me on my toes all day. She makes me laugh harder than I ever thought was possible. She is such a spitfire and I love it! She has the sweetest little heart. When I was crying over the judge's decision, she said, "Mom it be OK! I love you!" I love how at random times she will say the sweetest little things like, "Mom, you a good mom!" "Mom, I just love you so much!" I truly don't know what I would do without my Princess Baby!
3. My Lincoln I remember thinking I loved Kenedy so much and I wasn't sure I could love another as much. It is amazing how much love your heart can hold! He is the most mellow little man. I love what a mamma's boy he is; it makes me smile from the inside out! I love his huge grin and his adorable little face. My life would not be complete without my Angel Baby!
4. My Family They are the best! Sometimes I just cry at how lucky I am to have them FOREVER! They are my best friends and my eternal support! I have received phone calls, emails, and visits from my family today and I want them to know how much I appreciate them. Thanks mom for leaving work early to sit with me while I cried, answered phone calls, did the dishes, cleaned up toys, did enrichment stuff; just so I didn't have to do it alone!
5.The Gospel Where would I be without it? How would I cope with anything?
6. My Savior I love knowing that no matter what I feel or what I am going through my brother understands! This gives me so much peace!
7. My Birthmoms and Their Families I have my Princess baby and my Angel Baby because of these miraculous women. I owe them my life!
8. My Friends I have the worlds greatest people in my life! You are all the best! You support and love me. You listen to me when I laugh, cry, talk and talk and talk, and read my long lists of things I love to make my self feel better. Thank you to you all!
9. This Trial no matter how hard or how expensive this is, I have a son from it. I would not ever trade that! It is making me sit back and realize what is truly important in life. It is making me turn towards my Father in Heaven. IT IS MAKING ME STRONGER!
I could go on and on, but these are the top things in my life that I thank my Father in Heaven for daily! We are such blessed people and I am feeling better already!
I could go on and on, but these are the top things in my life that I thank my Father in Heaven for daily! We are such blessed people and I am feeling better already!




37 comments:
Oh Heidi! I am so sorry! I will continue praying for you and your family and the Judge's heart to be softened.
I love your gratitude list. Kennedy is such a sweetheart. I am glad she takes care of you:)
That is terrible. We we too, will continue to keep you guys in our prayers. You are an amazing woman. I am in awe of your strength and faith.
P.S. I definitely agree that it's time to get together again. Any ideas of when and what?
Heidi when your Mom called I let all our family know what was going on! I immediately got down on my knees and prayed for Heavenly Father to send you the comforter. I know through some of the trials we have had in our family I always feel that it just gives us more reason to pray and practice faith.Sometime nothing changes right then but it helps the way I feel. We love you all very much. Just think how great the day will be when we are all in the temple together and Lincoln is sealed in our wonderful crazy family!
We love you all and every prayer is being said for your sweet family.
Aunt Bev
Hey, I didnt call you because I didnt want to make you have to explain it one more time, but I hope you know that I thought about you all day and that we love you. I did leave a message on your facebook to call me when you are ready. I love you tons.
Oh crap! This stinks so much for you and I'm so sorry! For sure our thoughts and prayers will be with you. Keep your head up, keep smiling, keep faithful! I like that you can take an attitude of gratitude in the face of such hardship!
I have not seen your blog in forever! Wow a lot is going on! You will be in our prayers and I am glad you have so much to be Thankful for!
Hey my sweet sweet Heidi ho. What great faith you have always had. You have always been such an example to me. This is the pits but through it all we have surely seen the hand of the Lord. Thanks for reminding me of all we have to be grateful for. We truly are blessed!! I feel like the luckiest mom in the world because of my great kids. Thanks Heidi ho. Love you more than life itself. love mom
Heidi...I am so sorry you are going through this. We will keep your cute little family in our prayers.
Cyber hugs! There is something in the air this week I think. I am so sorry it isn't over. Hang in there and let me know if there is anything I can do, or call me if you need to talk.
I wish I was at the Pony and you were just down the hall so that we could cry, talk and laugh together. You are such a strong person and I know you can win this battle!! I miss you and I want to see you soon. We are coming for Christmas and I would love to see you. We will be praying and thinking of you so much! Love you!!
you are a great example! I will continue to keep you in my prayers.
Oh I am so sorry, I am in tears for you and your family. We will keep praying for you and just know that all of you are in our thoughts daily. Thanks for the gratitude list it is nice to be reminded. You have amazing strength and faith keep it up lots of hugs to your family.
Heidi, always know you are in our prayers. I am so sorry for this latest news. I think that you are an amazing woman, mom and friend. I know we don't talk that often anymore, but I am here if you ever need me.
First off, Great blog. It really puts mine to shame. I'll have to get some pointers. 2nd of all. This was quite the shocker for me. I hate that I have not been in touch with you sooner. You have always been such a great person and accepting friend. I can kind of see what is going on in yours and Mikes life and I hope you know that if there is ever anything at all you need please dont hesitate to ask. I have to tell ya that I work at McKay Dee in the ER and I am SOOOOO grateful for the special peole, that I believe god chooses, to take the beautiful process of adoption into their lives. I feel that way very strongly and for good reason. You absolutely have the right mind set. I can tell from your wonderful words and strength. It will pass. You will find peace in the situaion with that attitude, because it is the right attitude. Until then, if you ever need another shoulder to cry on(looks like you have so many wonderful people in your life) I am here for you. You are in our prayers.
Heidi I am so sorry you guys have to keep going through this. You are still in our prayers. Good luck. Your kids are beautiful.
I am so sorry. I can't even imagine what you guys are going through and been through. You will be in our constant thoughts and prayers. You two are such great parents and the judge will see that- hang in there and keep reading over your gratitude list when times get hard.
My heart hurts for this trial that you are going through. I can't imagine what you are feeling. Just know that we are still praying for you. If we can do anything to help please let us know. We love you and your family!
Lacey Crockett and Debbie Robinson
Hi Heidi. I have been waiting to post because all I had in me was uncontrollable anger towards this man and what he is trying to do. Lincoln is your son, you are a family its just not fair. But then I read your strong words and wished I could be more like you. Thank you for being such a good example and a great cousin to look up to. Your family is still in our prayers and we are here for you.
love you
I am so sorry. You will continue to be in my prayers.
We love you guys. You are in our prayers. Little Lincoln will be in our family forever. That "mean man" is not going to win this.
I can't believe the judge could see things so wrong. I am so shocked. You are amazing that you can still be firm in everything you believe. But that's what makes it a trial. Good for you to find the good things when things get a little dark. We will pray for your family for sure.
I am so sorry this is happening. It really isn't fair to you or to Lincoln! Will the appeal be heard before the same judge or a different one? I will keep praying for you!
Heidi, I am so sorry. My heart is racing a million miles a minute because it's brought back a flood of emotions...I totally know everything you are going through and it just plain SUCKS! I HOPE your outcome will be different than ours...I want you to keep that sweet baby!!!!!! It's funny how lifes events make us stronger, but I definitely agree to that. I never thought I would lose a child, but there are so many things I've learned through it all. I remember just staring into the judges eyes and praying that he would see through to my soul and give us our baby back. I know the Lord is in control of everything though. I pray for the best!!! You are so sweet, loving, amazing...and strong! If you EVER want to talk, I'm all ears! Love you girl.
Heidi I am so sorry for all that you are going through right now. Just know that I am praying for your sweet family and if you need anything just call...
You guys are definitely in our prayers! Lincoln is so darn cute and he is so lucky to be in your wonderful family! You are such a good person!
ah heidi...that must be hard...
you are in our thoughts...
I'm going to pray for you right now before I go to sleep...I'm so sorry you have to go through this...I wish it was over for you!!!
Heidi I can't imagine what you must be going through right now. There is no better family for Lincoln to be a part of. You are the most amazing person with incredible faith. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I miss you and love you. I hope we can see each other soon.
You are amazing Heidi, Every time I talk to you or read your blog, I always feel the spirit and start balling. You are a rock in white water and your faith and gratitude will get you through this. I loved how you listed all the things you are grateful for because it truly shows the kind of person you are and your true character because you can handle this trial with gratitude. Everyone who reads your blog (and obviously that's a lot of people as I am comment number 29 :) has so much to learn from your example. Especially me! Luv ya sis.
Oh Heidi! My heart is aching for you right now! Thank you for sharing your trial...I have truly been touched by being able to read about this and have you share your testimony and your faith. You will be blessed! Hang in there!
It is amazing how our trials do make us so much stronger. We'll keep you guys in our prayers.
I'm so sorry Heidi. We will continue to keep your sweet family in our prayers.
Heidi,
I have been so out of touch with your blog and today I was told about Lincoln. I rushed home to check your blog and found the news. I am so sorry. My heart just aches. It too prayed that instant that your family will find peace. We will keep your family in our prayers. I admire your strength.
Heidi, Your family will always be in our prayers. You have touched our lives from knowing you & we are grateful for that. I am sorry that you are going through this trial. Even though we do feel stronger when we have overcome or defeated a trial, it doesn't mean that it isn't extremely hard & difficult to get through one. My heart goes out to you guys & I appreciate your example. Hang in there Heidi. You are loved by so many and God will never leave your side even in what seems like the darkest times. Give your cute kids hugs from us. Take care & God bless you guys!
I'm so sorry Heidi! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your sweet family. You never cease to amaze me with your wonderful faith and gratitude. You truly are a great example to all those around you. Hopefully the time passes quickly and all this will be behind you soon so that you can enjoy those wonderful kiddos of yours without all this stress... :)
I can't say anything that hasn't already been said - but still - good luck - we love ya and are pulling (& praying) for you!
Heidi, as always you and your family are continually in my prayers. What a difficult trial to go through. I can't imagine the stress, anger and pain you must be feeling. Stay strong. The Lord will bless you...
Post a Comment