We went to court August 25th. Judge Paige was darling with Kenedy and Lincoln. When they had Mike and I swear in, Kenedy raised her hand too. Thanks to my mother-in-law, we got a cute picture of Kenedy promising to tell the truth! After Judge Paige was done asking us questions, he had Kenedy come up and he asked her a few questions. She was so serious! He asked her how old she was, if she loved her brother and if she promised to be good to him. She of course told him she loved him and that she would treat him good. It was the sweetest thing to watch her be so serious! This whole legal mess was quite the ordeal for Kenedy. For a week after court, she still would pray that her little brother would not be taken away from her. We have now got her in the habit of thanking our sweet Heavenly Father for Lincoln. After court and the temple, Kenedy would say, "I am so excited, Lincoln is ours forever!" Out of the blue she would start clapping and say, "I am so excited, Lincoln is ours!" It has been so precious to watch her complete joy!
Before we went to the temple, Mike's good friend, Rotish, took some family pictures for us at the temple. He did a great job! It was hard to get one of the whole family, but it was so much fun to watch the kids dance and play in front of the camera.
The following pictures are the pictures we used to decorate at the luncheon/blessing. Lincoln is the sweetest Little Man!The temple was amazing! Seeing my two angels dressed all in white was breathtaking! When the temple workers brought Kenedy and Lincoln into the sealing room, my eyes filled with tears, gratitude filled my heart, and the most amazing peace filled my entire body. Kenedy looked me up and down. I had been waiting for questions about my apparel, but instead she said, "Oh mom, you look beautiful!" I cried harder of course! Lincoln was so mellow and Kenedy so calm. They both knew how serious this sealing was. The sealer talked right to Lincoln as he performed the ceremony, and Lincoln stared right into his eyes as if he had longed for this just as we had. We feel like the biggest weight has been taken off our shoulders. WE ARE SEALED TOGETHER FOREVER!
After the temple we went back to our church and Mike gave Lincoln a beautiful blessing. I held Lincoln while he was blessed. He kept trying to pull the hands off his head. It was hilarious! Kenedy sang Families Can Be Together Forever all by herself. She did a great job! She amazes me with her little memory. After the blessing we had a luncheon and celebrated!
We want to thank everyone who took the time out of their busy Saturday schedules to be with us on this great day. We also wanted to thank everyone that was there in spirit and to everyone who has kept us in their prayers the last year. I honestly can not tell you how much peace those prayers brought. Along with the prayers and blessings, this quote brought so much peace this last year:
Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the presence of God.
I am so grateful for the gospel and the peace that it brings. I am so grateful to a loving Heavenly Father that does not leave us when we need him. We are so blessed! We are so excited to enjoy our Little Man's life!








24 comments:
you made me cry...so happy for you and your family. fun seeing you the other day.Hope we can really get together sometime!
I am so incredibly happy for you guys! I was tearing up just looking at those pictures. So sweet! What a blessing!
I have been checking your blog often, just waiting for this post. It looks like it was an amazing day. We are so happy for you guys. We miss our home and friends so much. You all look beautiful and it sounds like it went well. So happy for you. Miss you.
I'm so happy for you guys! You totally deserve it. I get the chills just seeing your blog :)
Awww! We wish we could have been there! I've been checking your blog for these pictures, and I was so excited to see them today! Every single picture is priceless! You all look angelic, and little lincoln looks like a little prince. We love you guys! Can't wait to see you next month!
Heidi~ Thank you! I have tears streaming down my face. You are one incredible woman! I am so happy for you and your family. Such sweet, tender moments! Love you!
p.s. you look amazing!
I love all your pictures! You are so talented... Thanks for sharing your testimony I am still crying, I am so happy for you and your family. He is one lucky boy...
I am so excited that you Lincoln is finally sealed. It was an amazing day. I love the pic of the whole family outside the temple with you guys in your white clothes it looks like you guys are just glowing. Tell Mike I said his pants fit better this time then last. Can you say Wedgie!!
Your pictures turned out beautiful! Congratulations!! What a special day!
I agree with Kamie. You guys really are glowing! I'm so happy that this trial is FINALLY over for you and you are now sealed together as an eteral, forever family. It's amazing how much Kennedy and Lincoln look like both of you. They fit right into the mold.
What beautiful pictures and what a beautiful day! Congratulations!
Heidi, Congratulations, we are so excited for you. Your family is so adorable and it is so neat that you can finally be sealed together forever!!
congrats! I have been checking the blog every so often to see the pictures of the great day. How blessed you guys are!
Congratulations, and I'm so happy for you guys! All the pictures are adorable, and Lincoln is looking like a little man. What a precious experience. We miss you guys, and hopefully we can see you when we come visit for Thanksgiving. Kyle will only be there for a week, so hopefully we can hang out one of those days. We'll be there from Nov. 20th - Nov. 27th
Those pictures are just beautiful. I am so happy for you to finally have your family sealed as you have wanted for so long.
I am so happy that things worked out for your cute little family. I have been waiting to hear about the day. Those kids spirits are strong!
Wow. I got the chills reading all about this and seeing all those amazing pictures. I'm so glad for your little family, Heidi...you are so deserving of every wonderful blessing, and I'm so glad that God looked upon you guys and made things right!! Congratulations!
Yay yay yay, what a beautiful time...and I love all the pix. I am soooooooo happy for you guys!! xoxo
What a beautiful and sacred experience for your family. It does not get any more tender than the experiences that you have had. We are so happy for your family and thankful to Heavenly Father for letting things go the best way for Lincoln.
I am so happy for your family! It's been a long time coming. You and Mike deserve all the happiness in the world!
I love all the pictures. Mike's friend did such a ridiculously good job. But I guess it is not hard to get good pictures with a cute family like you guys. I love all the quotes and pictures you did for you tables. You just make everything so perfect. I love it.
I LOVE those pictures Heidi! You are so great at capturing the perfect moments and being so creative with your presentation! We couldn't be happier for you guys!!! Everything turned out just as it ought to be. Little Lincoln has an amazing family!! What a cute big sister Kenedy is!
We love you guys!
Oh my... I am so so so so happy for you guys! I love all your pictures your family looks amazing and glowing with happiness! What a amazing blessing!
We have waited a long time for this "blog entry"!! These were days of pure joy and gratitude...how we love little Lincoln and Kenedy. Our faith has grown through this experience. We are grateful for your blog so we can return again and again to enjoy these memories.
Heidi, I had lost your blog but now it is found. :) Wow, what a beautiful sealing day! Lincoln is one cute little guy too. I can't even imagine how good life must be right now having that whole mess behind you. I am so happy for you guys!
Post a Comment