(Caution: Long post with venting. If you just want the facts, read details and back to details)
Venting
IRRITATING!!!! Well I wish I was writing that we won and that this whole nightmare is over, but I am not! I guess Mike and I have more to learn, so this trial will continue on awhile longer! I feel like screaming, crying, swearing (Maybe that is what I need to learn. Ha Ha). I wish Satan would stop putting doubt in my mind. I wish the would if's would stop playing through my head. The thought of actually loosing my little Lincoln is the most terrifying thought and feeling I have ever had. I know I have to have faith. We were given an amazing blessing before any of this started and I know that my Father in Heaven is mindful of us and that he loves us and that he hears our millions of prayers!!! I know one day this will be over and that I will get to go with my sweet family to the temple. I wish that day was sooner than later. Now on to what the ruling actually was and what our next move is.
Details
The judge ruled that he does not have jurisdiction in this case so he did not over turn the magistrate judge (in my lawyers term, the judge chicken out and did not really rule either way. Probably because he is going to dinner and a movie with the magistrate and the birth father's attorney this afternoon. ha ha.) We are now serving Lincoln's Birth father with adoption proceeding papers. We are bringing this thing to UTAH!!!!! I could not be happier about this. Blackfoot is too small and it makes me so nervous because all the judges and lawyers are friends. That is why we lost the first time. I don't know if I actually posted that, but most of you that read this blog know that.
A Little Sidetracked
I will clarify for those of you who do not know. Back in October when we went to court and lost, we found out afterward, that the Birth Father's attorney and the judge were from the same law firm. The judge was actually a partner in the law firm with the attorney's father. Can you say conflict of interest? He should have recused himself, but he didn't. A judge has a certain amount of time before he can take a case from the law firm he came from. He was just over that time, so legally he can't get in trouble, but it was really bad ethics! Most judges will not take cases from their old law firms ever. Maybe because it is Blackfoot and it is so small that have a hard time not taking the cases. In any case, he should have told our attorney about his relationship with the other law firm.
Back to the details
The Birth Father has 30 days once he is served papers to respond. If he does not respond in the 30 days, it is over! If he does then we pretty much start over from the beginning in a new state with a new magistrate. We will be trying to get his case thrown out again, only difference is that it will be in Utah. So after 14 almost 15 months, we are back to square one! Wish our pocket book started over at square one also, but it doesn't work that way!
What we need
We need more prayers! I want to thank everyone already for their kind words and countless prayers. We have children that pray for Lincoln every night. We have ward members that worry with us everyday. We have neighbors that are always asking what is new with the case every time they see us. We have friends and family that are grieving with us! THANK YOU TO ALL! WE FEEL SO BLESSED! To find the good in a bad situation: we are not alone and we are truly loved! I told Mike that there is no way we could loose Lincoln with all the prayers that are going up for him. So please don't stop! We need the Birth Father to decide that this is a huge hassle and that it is so expensive. We need him to give up! Thanks again for all your love and support!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




31 comments:
It is going to go in our favor. Little Lincoln belongs in this family. Luv ya
Hopefully things here in Utah will be better since everybody in small towns are friends. We will pray for you.
Heidi,
WHOA. It's all just too much! I don't know how you're coping. What a complete nightmare. Hang in there for little Lincoln. I do pray for your family and I know he's going to stay with you. He BELONGS with YOUR FAMILY!
You're a wonderful mother. You can DO THIS. Perhaps Utah was where it needed to go from the very beginning and this was the only way it could be here. xoxo!!
heidi,heidi, heidi. your my hero. i don't know how you stay so strong through all of this.. this is so not fair. just the trial of not being able to have your own kids is hard enough that you should not have to deal with this also.. i don't think you have anything to learn i think the lord is try to teach the birth father something but he is to stupd to listen and move on.. you our in our thoughts and prayers always and if there is anything you need just name it!! hang in there i love ya.. Erin
Good luck! We'll keep you in our prayers and put your names in the temple when we go this week.
Sending thoughts, prayers and love from Eagle Mountain!!! We love you.
I've been praying for you guys, and won't stop. Thanks for your strong example. I am sorry you are dealing with this. Love ya!
Hang in there a little longer. I'm sure it seems forever but there is light at the end of the tunnel! We are praying for you and your family.
I am so sorry, I wish I could see you sometime and give you a big hug!! You have our thoughts and prayers. I hope that Utah hurries the process and that this will all be over SOON!! Thanks for the update. I'm sure you never have a spare minute, but I will try to call you sometime in the next week or so!!
Heidi I am so sorry to hear about your mess. I hate this part of adoption. It's so frustrating! I know there's nothing that can take the pain and worry away, so I hope you can find that through your faith! You're amazing and have a great attitude. I know what it's like and my heart aches for you...it just plain sucks. We just went to Liberty jail last weekend and my heart was so touched as I thought about everything that Joseph Smith went through and how the Lord told him all of his afflictions were for his good. WOW. The Lord humbles us in ways that are so difficult, but He's always there for us and loves us. Sure love ya girl! I hope this can all be resolved soon. Hang on!!
I'm sorry this is not over but I'm glad it's coming back to Utah. Our laws are so much better here. We will continue to pray and fast for your family. Let me know if I can do anything for you. Even a someone to vent to. Remember Heavenly Father is mindful of his children.
Wow Heidi. I can't even imagine. You guys are always in my thoughts and prayers and will continue to be. Keep us updated on what happens and good luck.
I'm so sorry for all you guys are going through! I will keep praying for you and your family!
Oh Heidi I'm so sorry you have to go through all of this! I am definitely praying for you and I know it will go in your favor, but I'm also praying it will all be over soon! What a roller coaster ride! You're an awesome mother!!
Oh I am so sorry to hear! We are praying and rooting for you and your sweet family! Give Mike our love!
We're so sorry you are going through this trial! You are stronger than you think you are. You're such a good example of faith even on the days you feel not so faithful! You can do this, you ARE doing this. We will continue to pray for your family.
Lincoln is definitely your baby so it has to work out!!! I will keep praying for you and your darling family! I can't imagine Lincoln leaving such a sweet, wonderful, family! He deserves to have you!! I am going to call you sometime this week because we really need to catch up! I miss you!
Our thoughts and prayers are with you always!!!
Hey Heidi ho
All will be well!! We have felt that reasurrance so many times through this. We know the Lord knows you by name and loves you. He is with you every step of the way. That doesn't always make it easy but in the end worth it. I love ya Heidi ho you are my example. Like kenny say your the best all around!!
love ya more than life itself!!!!
Prayer done...I'm right there helping you. Promise.
I'm so sorry about this whole saga you are going through! I know Heavenly Father will help you and be there to comfort you every step of the way.
Love ya!
I didn't know that this whole thing was going on in Blackfoot. I had the misfortune...umm...errr.. privilege
of growing up there and I know first hand that nothing is fair among the good ole boys. Small town, where everyone knows everyone else's business and they all stick up for each other. I probably even know your birth parents.
Hang in there...We are rooting for you. Let's hope these thirty days go by quickly and the way we all want them to.
Maybe the "Dad" will get arrested on drug charges before he can reply in the 30 day window....just sayin.
I'm so sorry the judge took so long to be a wimp, they really have no thought for what the family must be going through. It's pitiful.
Hopefully now that the balls in your court and were playing in Utah this whole thing can come to a quick resolution. Any logical person sees that he has no case. Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers.
Dang, Heidi!!!! We'll continue to keep you guys in our prayers. Hang in there! We love you guys.
I didnt know how serious your case really was. My mom told me some time back about it and I was thought there is no way she will loose him. When I read this I was shocked, I am so sorry that you have to face this struggle and go through such a trial, but i know with out a shadow of a doubt that things will work out. There is a reason for this evan though it is hard to understand. Your little Lincoln came to you for a reason. I do believe it is because you and Mike are so wonderful : ) I love you and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Love your cousin Tricia
I'm saying a little prayer in my heart right now for you! I know this must be excruciating for your sweet little family! I'm so sorry!
Oh Heidi I am so sorry. We will be praying for you and little Lincoln.
Heidi, I only can say how much I love you and just know that it takes someone with incredible faith like you to push through a trial like this. You and your family are amazing to me and we love you
Your family is always in our prayers.
P.S. I would be furious with those two judges. what losers.
Keep the Faith. Our prayers are with you.
I cant believe that guy! He will give up soon... I think I have one of your old numbers because I tried to call you and it didn't work. So here is my number 571-315-9585. Call me or email me your current number and I will call you! I miss and love you!
Well Heidi, maybe if I were to blog once in a while I could've found this out a little sooner. (Yes, I knew before I read this but I could've read it before you had to tell me!)
We will definitely pray for you. Hang in there!
Post a Comment